Anyone ever see any celebrities on cruises?

Lorianna

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Jimmy Walker. We had watched him for years on "Good Times" and really enjoyed his humor. There he was on board as part of the entertainment. The morning after seeing his ship presentation, there he came and sat down at the table behind us. When I finished my breakfast, I went and sat beside him and had the most wonderful time talking with him and the others at the table.

On our first cruise last year on Enchantment of the Seas, Ricky Nelsons twin sons Mathew and Gunnar were performing. Great show. Afterwards my wife got thier autographs and a pic with them.

They were on my Empress cruise...got my picture taken with them too...much to the dismay of my hubby ;)

They were actually VERY nice to talk to as well :D and we ended up on the same spot on the beach (Cane Garden Bay) in Tortola.

When we went on Disney Magic, Joe Namath was a guest and also gave a talk to the passengers. My husband met him and said he was very nice. On the day of our excursion to Castaway Cay, as my son and I were in line waiting to board, there was a man standing THISCLOSE to me with a straw hat on. He was just a little too much into my "personal space". I was getting ready to either say something or get out of line when he turned and I saw it was him. I just got a dopey smile:rolleyes: on my face, said hello and kept moving.

He could stand close to me:D . I had the biggest crush on him and Roman Gabriel when I was 12!:o

When we went on Disney Magic, Joe Namath was a guest and also gave a talk to the passengers. My husband met him and said he was very nice. On the day of our excursion to Castaway Cay, as my son and I were in line waiting to board, there was a man standing THISCLOSE to me with a straw hat on. He was just a little too much into my "personal space". I was getting ready to either say something or get out of line when he turned and I saw it was him. I just got a dopey smile:rolleyes: on my face, said hello and kept moving.

We were on the same cruise when Joe gave his talk. I asked him a question about whether he knew at the time what impact the Jet's victory in the Super Bowl would have on pro football. He was extremely generous with his time answering many questions. After the talk he autographed the golf hat I was wearing that day. Unfortunately I lost it 3 years later when it blew off my head while boating on Maranacook Lake in Winthrop, Maine and sank to the bottom! :( :( :(

We were on the same cruise when Joe gave his talk. I asked him a question about whether he knew at the time what impact the Jet's victory in the Super Bowl would have on pro football. He was extremely generous with his time answering many questions. After the talk he autographed the golf hat I was wearing that day. Unfortunately I lost it 3 years later when it blew off my head while boating on Maranacook Lake in Winthrop, Maine and sank to the bottom! :( :( :(

Awwww, say it aint so Joe! I'm really sorry.

We went on a cruise several years ago on either the Paradise or Pride, can't remember which, and I was looking at the pictures a couple of years later. Had a photo of my son in the hot tub and DR. PHIL was in the hot tub with him! It was before he really made it big on Oprah and got his own show, but it had to have been him -no doubt about it!

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda funny, actually. Being origionally from Mass., I was unfamiliar with country western singers. I was alone, traveling thru Europe in the early 80's and was in London on a Sunday when they have "Speaker's Corner". That's when everyone gets a chance to get on their soapbox & spout their point of view. Your job is to heckle the speakers.

I was watching a speaker & found myself standing next to a very handsome, well dressed Black man. We bonded & I would feed him lines that he would yell out. When he wanted to move to a different speaker, he would tug my shirt and tell me to come with him. We had a ball & laughed like crazy.

Finally, this "Joe Tourist", complete with tropical shirt, sandals with socks and the camera necklace, stops him and says, "Well I'll be, it's Charley Pride!" They began to talk and I slowly realized that this was "the" Charley Pride that I had never seen, but was familiar with the name. Now I had to decide whether to act as if I knew who he was all along and was just too cool to comment, or to turn, like the tourist, & say, "OMG, it's Charley Pride". I opted for the former, said thanks for the fun and went on my merry way.;)

Later that day, I called my folks & told my Dad, "I just met Charley Pride!". His response? "Who's Charley Pride?":eek:

• 5 months later...
The closest I got to a celebrity was Demi Moore's personal trainer on Carnival's Celebration in 1997. I didn't even know of his connection to Demi Moore until he told me himself. He used to tell us stories of her especially when she was filming her GI Joe movie.

I wonder if he was telling you the truth.

NCL used to have "Sports Afloat" cruises, in fact our 1st cruise was an NFL cruise with active, retired players and sportscasters and referees. My DH and DS were in heaven!

The following year we took the MLB cruise and were again right there with many of the top stars of baseball.

On our first cruise (SS Norway), my friend and I met John Leypoldt, former Kicker who played for the Buffalo Bills, and Art Hunter, retired from Seattle Seahawks. They and their significant others were our tablemates all week in the dining room. We had a lot of fun with them and also came home with pictures. During the cruise, they had a "Football Follies" tape in one of the lounges.

Edited by Norwaylin

I stood in line next to Jerry Van Dyke when we docked at an island on RCCL many years ago. He was performing on the ship at the time, and was very pleasant to talk with.

Jerry Van Dyke was the entertainer on one of my cruises (Norway, I think). He was with his wife.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teach53

We were on a Holland cruise in 2000 to Europe, not sure of the ship, either Rotterdam or Amsterdam and G. Gordon Liddy was on board. He was giving lectures to a group on board. The lectures were not open to the general public on board.

He is more of a notorious character rather than a celebrity!! OH well, the best I have!:rolleyes:

Did have Jerry VanDyke on as an intertainer on a cruise too. Looks like he is a repeat on many ships!;)

Interesting to read the posts here! :)

I was on Liberty of the Seas last year and saw one of the Monkeys. He was sitting at the bar with us a couple of stools down. Mickey Dolan I think his name was. The big guy. He was sloshed LOL.

Edited by ShayRue

I was on Liberty of the Seas last year and saw one of the Monkeys. He was sitting at the bar with us a couple of stools down. Mickey Dolan I think his name was. The big guy. He was sloshed LOL.

Hey Shay,

I hope you got a pic w/him! I loved the Monkees as a kid. Too cool.

I got a great pic w/Pat Metheny on the top deck of the LOS with the most beautiful blue ocean in the background. One of my fav souvineers ever!

Hey Shay,

I hope you got a pic w/him! I loved the Monkees as a kid. Too cool.

I got a great pic w/Pat Metheny on the top deck of the LOS with the most beautiful blue ocean in the background. One of my fav souvineers ever!

At the risk of embarassing myself, and perhaps my entire family, who is Pat Metheny?