Grand Princess Mini-Suites

banditmag

Hi, I am sure I can find this answer somewhere but am tired of searching. We are sailing on the Grand Princess for 15 days in June. I am debating upgrading to a mini-suite. The deciding factor is the balcony. Are there chaise lounge chairs on the mini-suite balcony or just the regular old plastic chairs? Is the balcony much larger then a regular balcony? I called Princess but the person I spoke with could only give me dimensions, not the type of chair. Any help is appreciated, have a great weekend!

Nancy

Nancy,

Gee, I hope my memory is correct.:eek:

We sailed only once on the Grand (2 years ago) and I we had one chair and one reclinable chaise lounge.

They both had weatherproof (removable) pads on them.

There was a table as well.

I didn't see the balcony on the regular cabins so I can't give you a size comparison between the two. However, the room itself was much nicer than the regular cabins w/ balcony.

Hi, Nancy. My DH and I sailed on the Grand Princess and stayed in mini-suites on the Dolphin deck in 2004 and 2005. On the balcony there were 2 reclining chairs, not loungers, with no cushions and a round table that is large enough to have meals on. I believe you may get reclining loungers with cushions when you book a full suite. The balconies on the Dolphin deck where all of the mini-suites are located are fully exposed to the balconies above - there is no covering. The balconies on the Baja deck, directly above the Dolphin deck, however, are the largest on the ship - twice the size of all of the other balconies - with 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered. I think this is the deck where the full suites are located - they would need the extra size balcony to accommodate the nicer balcony furniture. We very much enjoyed the extra space in the mini-suite and didn't mind the open balcony. The only time we really noticed anyone above us was when the ship was arriving at or leaving ports. But everyone above you can see 100% into your balcony. The regular balcony rooms are a nice size. They don't have the sofa and a bathtub, though, like the mini-suite. And the mini-suite also has 2 TVs - one facing the sofa and the other facing the bed.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy the Grand Princess as much as we did. I don't think I could have picked a better ship for our 1st (and 2nd) cuises.

Thank you for all of your input. I still can't decide. We are not in the room very often but this is a 15 day Europeon Explorer cruise - a long time to be in a tight space with a 17 year old. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Thanks again,

Nancy

Thank you for all of your input. I still can't decide. We are not in the room very often but this is a 15 day Europeon Explorer cruise - a long time to be in a tight space with a 17 year old. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Thanks again,

Nancy

If it is going to be three in a cabin and you can afford it, go with the mini suite.

This

stateroom_diagram_ap_mini_suite_with_balcony.gif

VS this

stateroom_diagram_ap_oceanview_double_with_balcony.gif

Archived