monarch vs navigator

spintowin

Has anyone cruised both ships and can tell me the difference in their experience? We have sailed both the explorer and navigator and are a little apprehensive about going on a smaller ship(feeling ship movement for example). The only reason we are considering this is because we live on west coast and it would be alot easier than getting to Miami. Plus, this would be our third cruise this year. (already spent lots of $$$, but we are addicted) Please advise if maybe we should just hold out for carribean. Thank you for any help.:eek:

We went on the Monarch 5 years ago and are going on the Navigator in 2 weeks. We have been on 2 Voyager class ships though. I remember feeling the motion a bit on the Monarch but it was rainy so obviously it was stormy. It was a great ship. That was our first cruise and we haven't stopped since, so I would go ahead with it if I were you!! Happy Sailing:)

My husband was concerned about being seasick on our first cruise on MOS. He felt good 95% of the time, and has never felt seasick on the Voyager class ships. I'd get a cabin in the middle of the ship. The Monarch was updated a couple years ago, I believe, and there is a lot of people who love that ship. We are thinking of a quick cruise in January or February, 'cause we're addicted, too! I think if you think hard, you'll figure out a way to do Monarch's run AND the Caribbean!!!:D

Monarch is a great little ship. Since you're on the west coast,

no planes :) . You could always do both. Monarch is a great get away cruise and if you did the weekend it is only two days off of work (especially nice if it's a holiday weekend). A loyalty ambassador suggested that Galveston would of course appeal to west coasters because it was only one plane to Texas for a Caribbean trip. I kind of laughed at that. Robin :cool:

Archived