Stockholm Hotel

Shawski

A pre-cruise night at the Grand Hotel was included in our air package for our 9/13/06 Silversea Stockholm to London cruise, and it is a very fine hotel. It is where the Nobel prize winners stay for the prizes that are awarded in Stockholm. I have no idea of the price, however, as it was included in the air package.

Thanks,

Richard

We redeemed Hilton Honors points and stayed at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen. A very nice hotel located within walking distance to the heart of the city.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=RPHP11EMUBLXQCSGBIXM22QKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=STOSLHI

Hope you have an enjoyable trip. Both Stockholm and Copenhagen are lovely cities.

It has been many years since I was last in Stockholm but the Grand has long been the traditional luxury hotel where heads of state and movie stars stay. I believe that it is still considered to be the best hotel in the city.

We stayed at the Hilton Slussen quite recently - it is a good hotel, very close to the old town. Only drawback is its rather strange architecture...seems to be split in the middle! Another really nice hotel is the Lady Hamilton, right in the old town (Gamla Stan). We've stayed there twice and really loved it. The Grand is, of course, grand! And costs quite a bit.

Archived