The best kept secret OV cabin on CB

PrincessDreams4P&B

We just got back from the 10/21 Western CB sailing and we stayed in cabin E425. I was concerned about what type of view we could expect as no one ever posted any information as to this cabin. Well let me tell you if you are looking for an obstructed view cabin with a great view then this is it.

From our cabin we could see perfectly out our window. There was maybe 10% of the bottom of the window obstructed (and that was if you were up close and looking down. Standing back from the window, your view was perfect!. The cabin is literally 2 steps from the stairs and 5 from the elevators (starboard side). Many mornings I would take a 2 second walk down the stairs, straight out onto the open deck (deck 7) right by the Explorer's lounge. We were also a hop skip and a jump from the laundry facilities (we were traveling with kids so this was a necessary evil). We were so centrally located that we often took the stairs (the elevator wait was crazy) to go anywhere in the 5,6,7,8 midship area (where all the shops, pursers desk etc. were located)

I will try and post a picture of the view we had, but computer is being difficult.

Now thats odd. The deck plans show the window of E425 to be right in the middle of a lifeboat.

Karen

We just got back from the 10/21 Western CB sailing and we stayed in cabin E425. I was concerned about what type of view we could expect as no one ever posted any information as to this cabin. Well let me tell you if you are looking for an obstructed view cabin with a great view then this is it.

From our cabin we could see perfectly out our window. There was maybe 10% of the bottom of the window obstructed (and that was if you were up close and looking down. Standing back from the window, your view was perfect!. The cabin is literally 2 steps from the stairs and 5 from the elevators (starboard side). Many mornings I would take a 2 second walk down the stairs, straight out onto the open deck (deck 7) right by the Explorer's lounge. We were also a hop skip and a jump from the laundry facilities (we were traveling with kids so this was a necessary evil). We were so centrally located that we often took the stairs (the elevator wait was crazy) to go anywhere in the 5,6,7,8 midship area (where all the shops, pursers desk etc. were located)

I will try and post a picture of the view we had, but computer is being difficult.

Nope, I thought the same thing and was expecting to see a boat right in front of my window, but it was E425 and the boat is below the window, so it is practically unobstructed. That is why I said it was the best kept secret because people probably look at the deck plans and don't choose it for the very same reason you gave.

Still trying to post pictures....

If you look closely at the deck plans you will notice two types of lifeboats. Those with the double deck and the single deck. You can tell the double deck lifeboats by the little circle in the middle of the boat. i was on the Star this past January and was quite surprised when I found our OV was in front of one of those single deck lifeboats!

Brad

I know the deck plans were not accurate when I sailed the Coral Princess. I had booked a cabin which I thought was between 2 life boats when in fact, right outside my window was an entire life boat and there was no view whatsoever.

I know the deck plans were not accurate when I sailed the Coral Princess. I had booked a cabin which I thought was between 2 life boats when in fact, right outside my window was an entire life boat and there was no view whatsoever.

Oh Coral, dont say that. I have booked E421 on the CB, and the window looks totally clear. I just want to see a tiny bit of ocean, and enough light to know what its doing outside.

Karen

Oh Karen, I am worried now. I have our room Dec. 24th. And I thought we might have a view. We will hopefully find out soon. A cc member was in our room this week. They should be homeward bound now. I hope they had a great cruise. I would also like to hear about the beds, since so much talk about rock hard beds.

Oh Karen, I am worried now. I have our room Dec. 24th. And I thought we might have a view. We will hopefully find out soon. A cc member was in our room this week. They should be homeward bound now. I hope they had a great cruise. I would also like to hear about the beds, since so much talk about rock hard beds.[/quote

You need to request an egg crate for your bed, it makes a big difference.

Karen

I admit it. I was trying to save some money on a holiday rate cruise. And according to the deck maps, it looks good; like it might have an "unobstructed" obstructed view.

AliceS - thanks for the tip. We will be careful when we change clothes, so that we are not part of "the entertainment".

Karen - I will definitely request an egg crate. I will even bring my own Thermarest backpacker air/foam mattress as an extra cushion layer. My back does not like hard mattresses. I was sorry to read that Princess has hard beds. I was hoping for better.

Princess Dreams-

I was just wondering if you were still trying to post those pictures? We just booked E424 (Port Side)... should have the same view as E425. After reading your advice we decided to give those cabins a try :) Seems like a great location... any other words of wisdom or tips?? Thanks!!

Archived