Spirit Review - 10/19 - 10/29

4cruising

Has anyone thought that this might have been a isolated incident. I am sailing on the spirit and considering it like that fact that ther are a 1/4 pound of mouse dropping in every 10 pounds of rice. I mean statistically speaking with all the people boarding all the ships there are bound to be a small percantage of rooms that are going to have this problem.

I understand your concern on how they handled the situation. I also appreciate the information on what to look for. But on the other side of the coin I think you may have a little bit of the sky is falling syndrome.

Just my 2 cents.

Randy Flagg,

I understand your point. It is likely that the ship has taken very serious measure to eliminate this. It sure would be irresponsible and not help business if they did not. I guess as I move through dealing with this, I just want others to be aware. Yes, it is probably a VERY small number of cruisers that are going to find this. As it is said "inspect not expect" and have a great trip.

212cruiser, I have read the threads. My telling of our experience has not changed, nor "shifted".

Really?

In one post you wrote that you didn't take any pictures of the alleged bugs or the stateroom because, "Well, we ran out of the first room so fast that photos were the last thing we thought of (to late)." Ran out of the room quickly? Funny; in another post you wrote that you actually stayed in the room to "catch" them.

Unable to keep your story straight, you then wrote in another post, "We did take photos of the bites and did take a photo of the last one we caught before showing it to the hotel director. He obviously kept it." So you didn't "run" out of the room, you did have a camera, you stayed in the room, you searched around long enough to allegedly find and catch some of the bugs, and you did take pictures but you just don't have them. How convenient for your story.

Oh, did you happen to mention that you got the cash credit for the cruise as the result of your story? Obviously not content with the credit they immediately gave you, you then complained again that you found more bugs in the new stateroom in the hopes of NCL paying you even more. Fortunately, NCL didn't "bite." Apparently, neither did BJ's Club, from whom you purchased the cruise.

That's just a snippet.

If their fraud investigators get involved you'll need to answer those same questions.

Hi

Just returned from the Spirit Nov 9th.The cabins were immaculate!!..I have been on over 25 cruises so I have experience with many cruiselines.

I will make three comments..

Why would anyone except a vindicative, attention deprived person try to damper the enthusaism of future cruisers on the The Spirit?

Bed bugs-especially crabs can be brought on by anyone...Perhaps you were already friendly with them before the cruise.

I hope you are banned from any cruiseline.It would be my worst nightmare to have you on my cruise

As for the others ...You will have awonderful time.Everyone on the ship is attentative and willing to help! Enjoy the cruise.

Randy Flagg,

I understand your point. It is likely that the ship has taken very serious measure to eliminate this. It sure would be irresponsible and not help business if they did not. I guess as I move through dealing with this, I just want others to be aware. Yes, it is probably a VERY small number of cruisers that are going to find this. As it is said "inspect not expect" and have a great trip.

I guess I don't know what to think, I don't know you and I don't want to judge you, I guess it could be true. I just don't want it to be. We paid 5 grand for our trip not including the $$$$ money we'll spend on this vaca and I have been looking forward to it for like 9 months. I did see a special on 20/20 a few months ago, and It really freaked me out. Everytime I stay at a hotel I look for the signs of the dreaded bed-bug. If this really did hapen to you I am truly sorry, sorry about they way you have been treated by both us and NCL. I will, most definately check under the mattresses and all the other places where these yucky critters hide. And if you are telling the truth thankyou for putting your-self out there, as I have seen how ppl are treated with negative comments. I leave in 7 days and I will post as to what I see, and hopefully it'll all be great, Cathi

Randy Flagg,

I guess I don't know what to think, I don't know you and I don't want to judge you, I guess it could be true. I just don't want it to be. We paid 5 grand for our trip not including the $$$$ money we'll spend on this vaca and I have been looking forward to it for like 9 months. I did see a special on 20/20 a few months ago, and It really freaked me out. Everytime I stay at a hotel I look for the signs of the dreaded bed-bug. If this really did hapen to you I am truly sorry, sorry about they way you have been treated by both us and NCL. I will, most definately check under the mattresses and all the other places where these yucky critters hide. And if you are telling the truth thankyou for putting your-self out there, as I have seen how ppl are treated with negative comments. I leave in 7 days and I will post as to what I see, and hopefully it'll all be great, Cathi

Randy Flagg,

we will be in st maarten next week and noticed the positive mention

of maho beach. is the beach calm for swimming ? how long does it

take from the pier?

Maho is a very small strip of sandy beach with some large rocks. The water was calm the day we were there, but we didn't see anyone in the water. I'm not sure how long it would take to drive directly from the pier to the beach because we did some sightseeing and shopping before going there. Enjoy your vacation.

Did anyone see this post on another website?

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/bedbugsOct29.html

I'm new to this site, but I saw some of the feedback people were giving. I think it is important for people to know this story is very realistic because it happened to me on another cruise line!

I went through a similar experience and there was a lack of control moving items/clothing between rooms. Bed bugs spread easily from what I understand and you do NOT want to bring them home. If you are at all concerned research bed bugs on your own (i.e. science related websites). I had no idea what they were until Feb 2006.

From what I understand ( I am not a scientist), bedbugs are territorial, so if they have a source to feed from, they will tend to stay in that habitat. In other words, they likely won't spread to a different cabin if they're feeding off of passengers in a specific cabin. Also, it is doubtful there is a relation between the cabin's location and the children's zone.

The bottom line is it's a traumatic experience. Be very careful and know what to look for before you settle into your room.

I would go into details of my own experience, but have retained a lawyer regarding my incident. If I'm at liberty to disclose the information, you will get to read about it...

P.S. I have also sailed on the Norwegien Spirit (deck 10 or 11)? in 2005. It was a beautiful boat. We didn't have bugs in our room.

I'm new to this site, but I saw some of the feedback people were giving. I think it is important for people to know this story is very realistic because it happened to me on another cruise line!

I went through a similar experience and there was a lack of control moving items/clothing between rooms. Bed bugs spread easily from what I understand and you do NOT want to bring them home. If you are at all concerned research bed bugs on your own (i.e. science related websites). I had no idea what they were until Feb 2006.

From what I understand ( I am not a scientist), bedbugs are territorial, so if they have a source to feed from, they will tend to stay in that habitat. In other words, they likely won't spread to a different cabin if they're feeding off of passengers in a specific cabin. Also, it is doubtful there is a relation between the cabin's location and the children's zone.

The bottom line is it's a traumatic experience. Be very careful and know what to look for before you settle into your room.

I would go into details of my own experience, but have retained a lawyer regarding my incident. If I'm at liberty to disclose the information, you will get to read about it...

P.S. I have also sailed on the Norwegien Spirit (deck 10 or 11)? in 2005. It was a beautiful boat. We didn't have bugs in our room.

youngcruiserj,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. If there is any way you can contact me. I need someone to talk to off board (as my telling of this experience seems to really be upsetting some). I really could use some experienced guidance, perhaps a referal. Please email me at chaney918-bb@yahoo.com

Cindy

Really?

In one post you wrote that you didn't take any pictures of the alleged bugs or the stateroom because, "Well, we ran out of the first room so fast that photos were the last thing we thought of (to late)." Ran out of the room quickly? Funny; in another post you wrote that you actually stayed in the room to "catch" them.

Unable to keep your story straight, you then wrote in another post, "We did take photos of the bites and did take a photo of the last one we caught before showing it to the hotel director. He obviously kept it." So you didn't "run" out of the room, you did have a camera, you stayed in the room, you searched around long enough to allegedly find and catch some of the bugs, and you did take pictures but you just don't have them. How convenient for your story.

Oh, did you happen to mention that you got the cash credit for the cruise as the result of your story? Obviously not content with the credit they immediately gave you, you then complained again that you found more bugs in the new stateroom in the hopes of NCL paying you even more. Fortunately, NCL didn't "bite." Apparently, neither did BJ's Club, from whom you purchased the cruise.

That's just a snippet.

If their fraud investigators get involved you'll need to answer those same questions.

I stand by my statement. I welcome any investigation. I know what happened even if you seem to need it to be otherwise.

Archived