Good ol' question still goes on...drink prices?

Rafaella

Soooooo, what are some prices on Margaritas and other drinks on NCL ( Jewel, perphaps?)

Let me sit down, I have a rough idea , just like to hear from you, guys.

Bringing my own bottle of wine sounds good, yet, I do not always want to drink only wine...

We was on the Majesty back in March.... bad part was so was the Spring Breakers... paid 4.25 for a mixed drink, with 2 days left on the cruise, they ran out of beer except for Fosters, which of course was now selling for $6 a can. Not sure if it was true about being out of beer, just to mark up to make biggest profit... but I sure did see alot of people signing for $20 to get a six pack on the first few days, packed on ice in a football helmet. I did try all of the bars on board and all was singing the song of being out of beer other than Fosters. I thought it was strange they could not stock up while in Cozemel or Key West.

Soooooo, what are some prices on Margaritas and other drinks on NCL ( Jewel, perphaps?)

Let me sit down, I have a rough idea , just like to hear from you, guys.

Bringing my own bottle of wine sounds good, yet, I do not always want to drink only wine...

$5.50 plus 15% tip

The 6 beer special of which you speak is 6 beer for the price of 5, served in an NCL 'helmet'... for Corona $22.50 plus 15%

Daily 'Special' mixed drink... $8.50 +15% including a souvenir cup.... the daily special is also available in a regular glass (slightly smaller) for $5.50 +15%... They don't offer this cheaper alternate, but will gladly provide it upon request. If you are into mixed drinks, read the bar menu carefully, there are no 'deals' but there are certainly some over priced ones that can be bought for cheaper if you call it something else;)

We leave this Sunday on the Dawn. Regarding the $8.50 drink in a souvenir cup...I don't want the souvenir cup & would prefer to pay the lower price for my drinks. But will I ever find myself in a situation where I will be served the pricier drink without my knowledge?

I mean, will they always specify somewhere that the drink comes in a special cup & therefore will cost me $3 more? I just don't want to end up paying more for something I didn't want in the first place!!

Thanks.

Order your drink specials without the souvenir glass and you'll save two or three dollars each drink. I found while in Alaska in August that paying five dollars or so for a large draft was cheaper then what we were being charged in the ports. My wife likes wine so buying a decent bottle on shore and paying the corkage fee was much less then buying the wine on board.

Does the Dawn have the helmet of beer? We were on the Sun last year and I do not think it was offered.
The Dawn did in fact have the helmets but they were not advertised anywhere.

And just to give you another idea of price: I had a bahama mama in a souvenir cup at the spinnaker and paid 9.20. My wife had a smoothie with alcohol in a souvenir cup and paid 10.35.

The Dawn did in fact have the helmets but they were not advertised anywhere.

And just to give you another idea of price: I had a bahama mama in a souvenir cup at the spinnaker and paid 9.20. My wife had a smoothie with alcohol in a souvenir cup and paid 10.35.

Makes sense with tip - drink of the day ($8) in a 13 oz cup and Smooties ($9) in a 15 oz cup

Does the Dawn have the helmet of beer?

The helmet was available on the Star in 2004, and the Wind in 2006, but not on the Jewel in 2005.

I believe most ships have it, but not all... although maybe the Jewel does now??

Hi cruizinwithkids - you're sailing with us on Sunday! Can't wait. But I don't want to have too huge of a bar bill, so I need to get this straight. I just checked out the bar menu that Shoreguy was nice enough to post.

I see that they have drink specials in a souvenir glass. Does that mean I can get those exact same specialty drinks in a regular glass for less money? That would be great - how many souvenir glasses does a person need anyway? I also checked out the other mixed drinks available (Cocktail Classics, etc.) - those are much more reasonably priced, so I would guess that they never come in a souvenir glass at an inflated price. That's good. I don't know what a lot of them are, but this might be a good time to do some research. I have all of tomorrow to do it...time is running short.

Thanks for the heads up.

Janet

I've never tried doing more than 6--- the fridge in the room is pretty small:eek:

So if I order 12 and get 12 free I have to drink 18? OH well, the things I'll go through to save acouple of bucks....;)

Shoreguy,

Thanks for posting the menu, it is helpful to "see" what is going on.

SO, this prices are for all NCL cruises, and not just for Jewel, correct?

I did not see "Jewel" printed on the pages of menu or bar...

Thanks a lot!

The Jewel was the first ship with the new bar menu - it is the same on all the NCL ships. Different on the NCLA ships (Pride of .....)

I have not been on the Dawn yet, and I am excited to hear they have the helmets. We will be on there for the Super Bowl and that would come in handy!!!!!;)
That is awesome...I'm sure the pearly kings pub will be rockin' for the superbowl!!

so what do the souvenir cups look like? are they glass or plastic? i'm not a big souvenir person, but if i'm going to get a drink anyway, i could take the souvenir cup to one of my kids...

cheap i know!!! :o

Archived