the suites worth it!

bunnygirl

Best way to find out is to visit one while on a cruise. If you board early, sometimes they will be open and you can peek inside discreetly. On our last cruise, we booked an inside at the back of the Golden on Baja and asked our steward, who happened to be taking care of the PS and OS next door, if we could wander around after the occupants left on debarkation day. He not only gave us a tour but gave us some of the freebies the suite pax left behind.

Needless to say, although of average means, these cabins are now in our sights. And this takes nothing away from the basic inside cabin, which we thought was quite comfortable, even given the above cruise was a transat (no ports).

Sometimes, if you search specific ship/cabin numbers on Google, with cruisecritic in the search line, you'll find posts here which have links to pictures. The last time I tried, the search engine here was still broken but posts will show up on Google searches.

As the Caribbean cruise generally sell for low price points, IMO they are a perfect way to sample suite life. If the other ships are anything like the Golden, it's a pretty nice life indeed :)

Pat

We always book this category, and I must say that if you have a good TA, you will get a reasonable price. While it won't be cheap, cheap, and why whould it be for the size of the cabin and balcony, it's still worth it, to DH and I. We are booked on the Caribbean in a VS, aft, and looking forward to it again.;) ;) ;)

These suite pics are from Golden/Grand but from what I understand - they are identical on the Caribbean Princess:

Suite pics

We have enjoyed the suites we have been upgraded to. I have yet to pay for a suite and right now in my budget - it doesn't appear to happen soon.

Search works beautifully on the new boards - though it's sometimes still an effort to remember to use it, once I'd got out of the habit on the old boards.

Thanks! The last time I tried it was during the transition and all I got was error messages. I've noticed CC and FT both use the same bulletin board software and the one thing I don't like about the search function is, if one doesn't immediately go to advanced, it will search all forums, instead of just the one currently being browsed. I wish the default was set to that particular forum (Princess in this case) and then the option for all forums being a check box or on the advanced page.

In any event, it got me where I want to go. Searching is easy again :)

Pat

Bunnygirl,

I was in a Penthouse Suite on the Caribbean Princess on the 6/26/04 Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Riviera Deck, R405. Below is a link to some photos I put up that contain pictures of the suite. If you ask me, it was worth the money. The difference between the Mini-Suite and the Penthouse suite was about $1,350. I take one real vacation a year for one week. The way I figure it, I've earned it, you only go around once and you're going to be dead a long time. The balcony was ample for us. We had two teak loungers with a small table for drinks in between, a small teak take with two nice teak chairs. I think people have the best lives who can write in their Will,

"Being of sound mind and disposing memory, I spent every last dime on good times while I was alive!"

The Monk

http://community.webshots.com/album/163544676IXfbis

Bunnygirl,

Yes, there was a Jacuzzi tub. The bathroom is split into two sides in the suite with a door separating them. On one side is a generous shower and the Jacuzzi tub. On the other is the sink and toilet. Corian counters, tile floor, hair shampoo, conditioner and body wash from the Lotus Spa. Very nice indeed.

The Monk

marlinmike,

Nope, there isn't any type of CD Player. Would be nice, though. Even one of those Sony Dream Machine clock radio deals that plays CD's would be nice. My Wife has an i-Pod and the docking station with small speakers. We brought that along and it did the trick. While we're speaking about improvements, a small coffee machine in each suite, ney in each and every cabin, would be a HUGE improvement for relative peanuts. The CP is a great ship. Just suggesting minor touches/refinements that would make it even better. (Are you listening Princess?).

The Monk

Archived