Carnival Liberty 11/19: Changed to 4 Day Cruise

OceanTrvlr

We are booked on this cruise, we are still planning on going. Thank you for the watertaxi information, it sounds great and will give us something to do. We're leaving NY on Saturday ......just looking forward to some nice weather and a few days of rest!

Actually - they clear the port completely - the embarkation staff and any port employees - in addition to the crew - it is not taken lightly :D

And you know this...how? If the employees are still sick after those two days....they will replace them......:cool:

And you know this...how? If the employees are still sick after those two days....they will replace them......:cool:

The center for disease control has these procedures in place - it's happened before - been on the news two years ago too when Royal had huge outbreaks.

It's not just the crew - they clean the ship the port, the embarkation area - everything - remember it's not just this cruise, there are other cruise lines that port there too. federal regs dont ya know ;)

well i guess since the feds require it also & the center for disease control...then it is just a big conspiracy.....guess i'll never cruise again...

not

So then what do they do with all the sick employee's.......and how do they replace them on such short notice.:confused:

I am sure they will remove the sick crew for the two days while the ship is in Lauderdale being sanitized.

It would seem stupid to clean a ship head to toe, but yet keep the infected crew members there.

I know for a fact that 200 crew members are scheduled to sign off the Liberty on the 19th, (all due to ends of contracts) and a new set of 200 will be comming. Since Liberty is done with Europe, they are doing some crew changes.

I am supposed to sign on November 25th!

The ship is going to Key West and Cozumel. It is a great deal. The free nights at the area hotel is only for those that bought air through Carnival. Otherwise you get a credit up to $200 for hotel/and or flight changes. You could switch to another ship but all of them in the area leaving on Sunday are sold out.

The last time we were in Ft. Lauderdale we thought the only thing to do would to be to wait at the hotel for the ship to leave. .

The Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County area is home to some of the greatest beaches in the world, world class dining, accommodations, boating, shopping, and attractions.

It sounds like a gerat deal that CCl has offered. If it was us we would keep the plans because we live so far away and already have the time off scheduled. I would be happy to spend a couple of days in Sunny FL, before a shortened cruise. I am confident that CCL will do everything to clean the ship and take care of the crew. Even if they have to sail the shortened cruise with less crew members. They probably will also have a fair share of cancellations since they are refunding 100%. So the ship will likely sail with empty cabins.

We sail on the 9th of December on the Liberty and look forward to a clean bill of health from CCL and the CDC.:)

It sounds too good to be true....what are they giving up....what ports have been cut....where will they be going? :eek:

They are going to Key West and Cozumel - they cut freeport, costa maya, and grand cayman - they can't get in there now because of the timing and the days that changed. but i wish i were on there - 50% back and 50% off future and a 200 per person per diem...nice

• Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger as of 11/13: 429 of 2804 (15.3%)
  • Number of ill crew out of total number of crew as of 11/13: 116 of 1166 (9.94%)
  • Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting

That is alot of crew, and this info is a couple of days old...

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/GIlist.htm

My family (12 of us) have had this cruise scheduled for over a year. I just started crying this morning when i got the info. We have made the best of it and are going to Disney for those two days and then will take the cruise for the 4. It turned out to be even better!

My family (12 of us) have had this cruise scheduled for over a year. I just started crying this morning when i got the info. We have made the best of it and are going to Disney for those two days and then will take the cruise for the 4. It turned out to be even better!

I am so glad that you are making the best of it! My sister called me cryng this afternoon too. It broke my heart! Have a great cruise!

I was just curious to see how different contacts were handling this information that began appearing on CruiseCritic over a week ago, and then "officially" began to be reported by travel agents this morning.

I just now called Carnival SeaMiles, and the agent answering the phone said the 6-day sailing was still on, and that he could book me out, departing Sunday. Knew nothing.

I checked Carnival.com, and the sailing is still listed as 6-day, and will let you go all the way through the booking/payment screens.

I called Carnivel directly, and the agent answering the phone said she could book me for a departure this Sunday on Liberty. When I mentioned I'd heard there may be an slight issue with that sailing (I didn't give any details) she put me on hold for about a minute, and then came back saying she'd take my number and call me later. She didn't know.

So, it appears if others want to jump on the bandwagon w/ this offer CCL is making for those who booked the original 6-day sailing... they can. Wow, that raises an eyebrow or two in the industry.

FYI.....for those of you that don't want to fly clear across the states for a 4 day cruise (like me) NCL has some awesome last minute deals on their Nov. 19 & 20 sailing out of Hawaii.....

Can cancel this cruise...get refund and book for Hawaii!!!

We got a call from our PVC offering inside cabin for 149.pp for this cruise. I have to check at work in the morning to see if I can take Tuesday and Wednesday off. DH just happens to already have the time off.

The number of sick has me concerned but sometimes common sense is overridden by the love of cruising.

We got a call from our PVC offering inside cabin for 149.pp for this cruise. I have to check at work in the morning to see if I can take Tuesday and Wednesday off. DH just happens to already have the time off.

The number of sick has me concerned but sometimes common sense is overridden by the love of cruising.

For the Liberty 4 day cruise?

Archived