Carnival Liberty 11/19: Changed to 4 Day Cruise

OceanTrvlr

Well, I did read it here on the website first (gotta love the knowledge on this site) but as far as Carnival not knowing...someone wasn't reading their briefings today. All of the agents should have known.

Seems it was more than one LOL! Nothing on here surprises me anymore...

Yes' date=' the offer of the $149. pp (inside) is for the 4 day Liberty, leaving on Tuesday. There should be a good chance of an upgrade with all the cancellations.[/quote']

That's what I thought....so it seems Carnival PVP's are "in the Know" of what's going on.....or they should have been....

You were offered a great deal on this 4 day cruise and others were still being offered the 6 day cruise...

Good one Carnival....

anyways...that's a awesome deal....good luck!

""I was just curious to see how different contacts were handling this information that began appearing on CruiseCritic over a week ago, and then "officially" began to be reported by travel agents this morning.""

Thats why it's called "The Information Super Highway"

Can you imagine a cruise world without the internet or CC.com?! How did you guys do it?

:) We were due to sail on Star Princess 11/18/06 but got a call 7pm last night from Princess, seems they are overbooked! They offered us another cruise date (chose 3/31/07 - school vacation), an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite (instead of mini suite) and 50% refund! Boy what a hard decision - right! So we spent the rest of the evening finding another cruise for this week. It was very difficult to find availability, but thanks to our PVP at Carnival we were able to get a balcony cabin on the Liberty 11/21/06 sailing (4 days, although all the paperwork still shows the 11/19/06 info.) for $664 :D total for both of us. After talking to our daughter who lives in Florida, we called back and booked another cabin for her. They gave her an inside cabin for herself for $178. While we don't have stateroom numbers yet, we'll be happy with whatever we get.

Hopefully any infection will have been removed after the sanitizing. So it looks as though we will get a great cruise on the Star Princess in March 2007 and a nice short break this next week with our daughter. Of course I mustn't forget the 8 day Legend cruise over Christmas.

Boy am I glad teachers get lots of vacation time!

Hope everyone has a great cruise and make the most of those days in Florida.

Guests who choose to sail the shortened itinerary will receive a 50 percent refund of the cruise fare paid for the original voyage. They will also receive a 50 percent discount on a future cruise (three- to eight-nights) departing prior to December 15, 2008; holiday sailings are excluded. Those with independent air arrangements will be given a travel allowance of $200 to cover airline change fees and/or hotel accommodations on Sunday and Monday nights. Guests who booked their air through the cruise line will be given the option to change the incoming flight to Tuesday or receive complimentary hotel accommodations for Sunday and Monday nights in South Florida.

As of Thurs.Nov.16th, I see that Carnival is still showing this as a 6 day cruise, and it is still available for booking!

So my question is this: Why not pay $545 (the cheapest cabin they have), get $400 back, plus save 50% on another cruise?

What is to stop anyone from doing this, and would you actually have to GO in order to get these discounts?

$145 now to get half off of my next cruise? Are you kidding me?!

:) We were due to sail on Star Princess 11/18/06 but got a call 7pm last night from Princess, seems they are overbooked! They offered us another cruise date (chose 3/31/07 - school vacation), an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite (instead of mini suite) and 50% refund! Boy what a hard decision - right! So we spent the rest of the evening finding another cruise for this week. It was very difficult to find availability, but thanks to our PVP at Carnival we were able to get a balcony cabin on the Liberty 11/21/06 sailing (4 days, although all the paperwork still shows the 11/19/06 info.) for $664 :D total for both of us. After talking to our daughter who lives in Florida, we called back and booked another cabin for her. They gave her an inside cabin for herself for $178. While we don't have stateroom numbers yet, we'll be happy with whatever we get.

Hopefully any infection will have been removed after the sanitizing. So it looks as though we will get a great cruise on the Star Princess in March 2007 and a nice short break this next week with our daughter. Of course I mustn't forget the 8 day Legend cruise over Christmas.

That's awesome. Good for you and your family! That's a great deal for everyone that lives close to the port. Unfortunately our airfare would cost way more then the cruise:( Oh well........looking forward to the Valor in December.

Good for you! I am soooo jealous! :D

Guests who choose to sail the shortened itinerary will receive a 50 percent refund of the cruise fare paid for the original voyage. They will also receive a 50 percent discount on a future cruise (three- to eight-nights) departing prior to December 15, 2008; holiday sailings are excluded. Those with independent air arrangements will be given a travel allowance of $200 to cover airline change fees and/or hotel accommodations on Sunday and Monday nights. Guests who booked their air through the cruise line will be given the option to change the incoming flight to Tuesday or receive complimentary hotel accommodations for Sunday and Monday nights in South Florida.

As of Thurs.Nov.16th, I see that Carnival is still showing this as a 6 day cruise, and it is still available for booking!

So my question is this: Why not pay $545 (the cheapest cabin they have), get $400 back, plus save 50% on another cruise?

What is to stop anyone from doing this, and would you actually have to GO in order to get these discounts?

$145 now to get half off of my next cruise? Are you kidding me?!

Guests that were booked on the 6 day cruise prior to November 15, 2006, and sail on the 4 day cruise, will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid for the 6 day cruise. In addition, Carnival will provide a 50% discount on a future 3 to 8 day Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2008 (excluding holiday departures). Please understand that this offer is non-transferable.

They always cover their bases.

Guests that were booked on the 6 day cruise prior to November 15, 2006, and sail on the 4 day cruise, will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid for the 6 day cruise. In addition, Carnival will provide a 50% discount on a future 3 to 8 day Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2008 (excluding holiday departures). Please understand that this offer is non-transferable.

They always cover their bases.

It's the least they can do.......the minute this hits the press.....:cool:

Guests that were booked on the 6 day cruise prior to November 15, 2006

aww phooey -- didn't see that date specified. would have been a idea on Tuesday!

Still, it seems like a great deal for those who are booked already. Any discount that sets you up for ANOTHER cruise can't be bad.

Archived