Century - Spa Cafe

TechKnowBabble

What kind of foods would I find in the Spa Cafe? We're just a few short weeks from our Century sailing. I would love to be able to maintain the weight loss I have already achieved. Would I be able to get fresh fruit & yogurt or the like for breakfast? What hours is the spa cafe open? Thanks for any information. I would like to get in a healthy breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy my dinner :D

The only thing I've heard about the Spa Cafe is how they have wonderful poached salmon. I'd love to hear more.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

I lost 30 pounds last year and DH lost 35, so we enjoy eating lighter foods most of the time. This allows us to splurge on the nice meals without re-gaining, like you say.

Take care, M.

You can have fresh fruit and yogurt in any venue for breakfast, including room service. The spa cafe does serve good poached salmon, but we were disappointed in the other offerings and in it in general. Mostly cold and dry food. We ate there twice on our 10 day out of Barcelona in September, but found, if we were willing to forego all the unhealthy offerings, we could find better tasting but stilil healthy fare in the dining room and other areas.

Oops...forgot to take the pictures in the Spa. The first day it was beautiful food (poached salmon, curry chicken breast) but the other times we visited, it was the cold fare that smokingpizza described. We ate a lot of chicken caesars for lunch instead!

I took pictures of food in Murano the last night and it truly was the BEST!!!! All in all, we had one of our best trips ever. :D

Oops...forgot to take the pictures in the Spa. The first day it was beautiful food (poached salmon, curry chicken breast) but the other times we visited, it was the cold fare that smokingpizza described. We ate a lot of chicken caesars for lunch instead!

I took pictures of food in Murano the last night and it truly was the BEST!!!! All in all, we had one of our best trips ever. :D

Hi 4cruisers,

I'd love to see your photos of Murano's food!

Thanks

Tammy

Nikki,

We have sailed on the Millie last December, and ate at the Aqua Spa almost every day, had lunch there only once on the Century TA last month.

The poached salmon was cold and not too dry, but not "wonderful". The cashew chicken was fine. We were spoiled by the cooked-to-order lunch entrees on the Millie.

Other than room service on your balcony the best place for berries and yogurt IMHO is from the aft counter by the sunset grill--claim your outside table first with your book, juice or cup of tea, then go in and get your bowl of yogurt with any or all!! the toppings. Berries were fresh for about 4 days and then fresh-frozen. You can get your bagel or muffin there at the same time.

for your input. I look forward (in less than 2 weeks now) to be boarding Century having lots of fun but not eating lots of fat :D

Starting to get excited, it's really funny before our last cruise I was just aflutter....this time not so excited ahead of time. Maybe because it's a shorter cruise I don't know.

I love the spa cuisine food, but people should be aware they cook with very little salt, sugar, or fats and serve dishes with only a smidge of sauce. The emphasis is on fresh ingredients, creative combinations, and complex textures, often served cold. I find the food refreshing compared to the lunch buffets or the heavy dinners, but if you're used to more substantial or piquant cuisine, it might not be the thing for you. I think they do an excellent job and encourage people to give their dishes a try at least once.

I miss their salmon and tuna tartare.

02143, I agree with you completely, but the fare was NOT attractive after the first day we checked it out. Sliced packaged turkey breast arranged on lettuce was among the choices. We don't salt our food and I check sodium content on everything in the stores...We're big on herbs for flavor. It was just a shame the food wasn't the way it was the first sea day the rest of the time. The desserts were lovely fruit tarts, and other things said to be all under 100 calories.

The pictures I posted were of course a bit more decadant (especially the fois gras:eek: )from Muranos. Lust for life asked for them. The Chinese chicken salad was very light and dressing was too. I'm adding one more picture...the rack of lamb en croute with mushroom paste. It was really very healthy for red meat!

CIMG1864.jpg.7e72d2a34650cc119b09eaae495d4e4b.jpg

hi I just have to throw in my pennys worth. Sailed on Century end of Sept & I loved the spa cafe. So pleased its there having used it for lunches all the time on M class ships. Yes the portions are smaller, yes its mostly cold, but you can request the hot dish of the day which is cooked to order so takes a few extra minutes. I generally ordered the fish. DH often found the portions not enough for him so would supplement them with extra bread/fruit or soemtimes we ate lunch in the dining room.

The desserts in the spa are always lighter & yummy - Personally cream filled gooey gateaux or cheesecakes are not for me. The other good thing is that they have long opening hours.

Preferred the spa to the buffet lines but of course its all persoanl taste.

Try it & see.

jo

I'll probably see you in the spa cafe in less than 2 weeks! I've been on the Constellaton twice and really love the spa cafe. I was lucky to always get a table (there aren't many). I'm of the reasons I booked on the Century is that when they redid her they added the spa cafe and from the pics it looks like there are more tables. I've never eaten there for breakfast but have had a lot of lunches and dinners there. I've never had a dessert in the dining room, but I must admit there's a blueberry tart that's wonderful in the spa cafe. The dishes that sit out are cold but usually there are 2 hot choices that are made to order every day. I've never waited more than 15 minutes for the food. There's also chicken and salmon that they will prepare for you. There's always a basket of fresh fruit and there was a coffee/tea station there as well. On Connie, it was never busy and never crowded. Sometimes it was pleasant being away from the crowd. The hours were from 12 to 8, but honestly you need to get there by 7:30. On several occasions I tried to get dinner around 7:30 and and couldn't. Hopefully ther will have the same hours on the Century.

Funny, I'm the same way. I was so excited about my cruise last May (14 nighter). I think because this one is so short and I'm going to ports that I have been to, I'm not excited - yet. I think I'll be excited Monday when we board. I hope I run into you - another B'more girl!

I'll probably see you in the spa cafe in less than 2 weeks! I've been on the Constellaton twice and really love the spa cafe. I was lucky to always get a table (there aren't many). I'm of the reasons I booked on the Century is that when they redid her they added the spa cafe and from the pics it looks like there are more tables. I've never eaten there for breakfast but have had a lot of lunches and dinners there. I've never had a dessert in the dining room, but I must admit there's a blueberry tart that's wonderful in the spa cafe. The dishes that sit out are cold but usually there are 2 hot choices that are made to order every day. I've never waited more than 15 minutes for the food. There's also chicken and salmon that they will prepare for you. There's always a basket of fresh fruit and there was a coffee/tea station there as well. On Connie, it was never busy and never crowded. Sometimes it was pleasant being away from the crowd. The hours were from 12 to 8, but honestly you need to get there by 7:30. On several occasions I tried to get dinner around 7:30 and and couldn't. Hopefully ther will have the same hours on the Century.

Funny, I'm the same way. I was so excited about my cruise last May (14 nighter). I think because this one is so short and I'm going to ports that I have been to, I'm not excited - yet. I think I'll be excited Monday when we board. I hope I run into you - another B'more girl!

That would be very cool. I sent a message to ya in the Century Roll Call for 12/11. What day are you flying out of Baltimore? I am very hopeful to find some healthy foods on our trip. Even just fresh fruit would make me happy, I'm pretty easy to get along with.

There were no hot options offered on our sailing and I looked for them.

Instead I had three (very small) portions of salmon tartare.

My DH had three desserts one day at lunch which kind of obliterates the benefit of low cal, IMO:). And one of them looked anything but!

The fresh papaya in the morning was to die for and I had that with smoked salmon every day. I was in heaven! Never looked elsewhere for breakfast or lunch.

There were quite a few tables, more than on Infinity and the room was lovely. The same attention to detail we enjoyed in Murano was evident here as well. It was quiet and peaceful.

One morning I had to laugh when a lady came in, piled her plate with bagels and lots of cream cheese and then asked for bacon. I guess she missed the Spa part:D.

hi I just have to throw in my pennys worth. Sailed on Century end of Sept & I loved the spa cafe. So pleased its there having used it for lunches all the time on M class ships. Yes the portions are smaller, yes its mostly cold, but you can request the hot dish of the day which is cooked to order so takes a few extra minutes. I generally ordered the fish. DH often found the portions not enough for him so would supplement them with extra bread/fruit or soemtimes we ate lunch in the dining room.

The desserts in the spa are always lighter & yummy - Personally cream filled gooey gateaux or cheesecakes are not for me. The other good thing is that they have long opening hours.

Preferred the spa to the buffet lines but of course its all persoanl taste.

Try it & see.

jo

Wow! I found the portions at the spa cafe to be HUGE, and the desserts (especially the different variations on rice pudding) to be quite heavy. This was my favorite daytime eating venue bar none.

You guys are seriously making me drool! I can't wait to sail the Century in less than two weeks and chow down on all that wonderful healthy food. Heavy stuff tastes great going down, but I don't like the way it makes me feel afterwards, so lighter fare is what I'm looking for these days.

Grilled shrimp and scallops sounds divine.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Grilled shrimp and scallops sounds divine.

I can't believe I missed this! There were six of having lunch there in my group and we were all looking for alternatives and it looks like we totally missed the boat! I saw no one in the cafe - all tables were full - with hot food.

I am very disappointed:(

Archived