How much time to allow...

o0fefe0o

It's always good to allow yourself a bit of time. One never knows what might happen!

One time, when returning to port (can't remember which cruiseline), but we didn't START disembarking until 9:30! I'm sure that doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally.

On the return from Panama on the Coral a few years ago, disembarking was seriously delayed. I think it was almost 11:00 before we got off that ship. The problem: people trying to sneak off Cuban Cigars (after being told they weren't allowed to). Customs had the dogs out checking. Once the dogs located them, it was down to a single line, single customs agent. The rest of the agents were physically checking luggage.

Personally, I wouldn't book a flight before 3pm. You just never know. I was delayed four hours getting off the Elation last year, then got to the rental car company and the computers were down. No one could return their cars and get ON the ship, and none of us could pick up cars and get on our way to the airport. I was traveling with four kids, which made things even more nerve wracking.

You just never know- better to be safe and bored than sorry and out a few hundred bucks (or more) for a new ticket!

Personally, I wouldn't book a flight before 3pm. You just never know. I was delayed four hours getting off the Elation last year, then got to the rental car company and the computers were down. No one could return their cars and get ON the ship, and none of us could pick up cars and get on our way to the airport. I was traveling with four kids, which made things even more nerve wracking.

You just never know- better to be safe and bored than sorry and out a few hundred bucks (or more) for a new ticket!

Archived