Custom handbag arrived!

judy&steve

I got the call from Stuart Weitzman and my new custom-made handbag arrived yesterday. We drove down to Tysons Corner today to pick it up. It is really nice. I had no idea what to expect. This is not usually my style, but I do like it. Shown below, I hope, are the shoes I wanted to match and the bag. The hardware is a burnished copper on both the shoes and the bag.

It's just in time for our cruise.

I hope the photos look okay. The color is a metallic bronze. The material is patent leather. Weitzman calls it Bronze Quasar.

--Judy

shooes.gif.1cd917c3868b6f37e4a218d5faaa76f5.gif

bag.jpg.5beffff7dceed90e3991b6451f355b86.jpg

I got the call from Stuart Weitzman and my new custom-made handbag arrived yesterday. We drove down to Tysons Corner today to pick it up. It is really nice. I had no idea what to expect. This is not usually my style, but I do like it. Shown below, I hope, are the shoes I wanted to match and the bag. The hardware is a burnished copper on both the shoes and the bag.

It's just in time for our cruise.

I hope the photos look okay. The color is a metallic bronze. The material is patent leather. Weitzman calls it Bronze Quasar.

--Judy

Love them both! Is the bag kind of a bronze patent leather? I think it will look even more gorgeous as it ages!

Love them both! Is the bag kind of a bronze patent leather? I think it will look even more gorgeous as it ages!

Yes -- it's the quasar patent that SW uses. It's kind of metallic looking without being too obvious. It's a great neutral. I loved the color of the shoes so much that I wanted a bag of the same material.

Judy

Checked out your site. Your designs are amazing. I especially liked the Urban bags. I can't imagine the work you must put into them. Are you based in the US or Canada?

Hi. Please take a look at my site (under construction) -- I don't take orders yet since right now I only do local fairs. But I'd love feedback on my custom-made bags. ellelumiere.com

I design and sew all my one of a kind bags. Thanks for your input on my site and my bags. Always looking for ways to improve.

Karen, thanks for your kind words! I am based out of Boston. I loved the bag Judy&Steve had custom-made. I really hope that someday I can be a 1)full time handbag designer b)have a national business. I work full time so I do my sewing at night! I have made some special bags for my upcoming QVC Cruise and will post photos after the cruise.

With the passion you have your business is sure to be a success! As my closet will attest I have always been a "purse lover". If you ever need a Canadian contact let me know!

Karen, thanks for your kind words! I am based out of Boston. I loved the bag Judy&Steve had custom-made. I really hope that someday I can be a 1)full time handbag designer b)have a national business. I work full time so I do my sewing at night! I have made some special bags for my upcoming QVC Cruise and will post photos after the cruise.

A beautiful set. That colour will go with many outfits. What is the process to having a custom bag made? Is it expensive?

I wrote an email to the manufacturer and asked them if they made a bag to match the shoes. The only two available (in Arkansas?? and I live in Maryland) were too small and dainty. I needed an everyday handbag. I also complimented the manager of the Tysons Corner Va. Stuart Weitzman store in the email and she (the manager) told them that it would be nice to make me a bag. She started the process. I had no idea what it would look like. They made only two. She (the manager) told Stuart Weitzman powers that be that I am a very good customer and it would be good to do this for me. It turned out lovely and was actually priced like any other Stuart Weitzman bag in that particular style. I am very happy with it. For what it's worth, I buy my shoes at the semi-annual trunk shows and I spend some big bucks on shoes that take at least six months to manufacture. I have to have shoes made in AAAA widths which no one stocks in stoes. Maybe, if I'm lucky, half of the shoes that are delivered will actually work on my weird skinny feet.

Judy

Judy how much more of a connection we can make with honey versus vinegar..It's great to have an original bag with a story.

I too have frustrating foot problems and spend a mortgage on my shoes. I am constantly on the quest for the perfect shoe.

I read a fasion mag that stated it's no longer necessary to match bag and shoes but I think it just completes the outfit!

Judy,

I just LOVE the bag!

Great color and style and the fact that it's squishable patent leather makes it look both upscale and casual at the same time. Usually patent is dressy and I think you'll get alot of good use for many years from this bag.

Enjoy! You scored big time! :)

Judy,

I just LOVE the bag!

Great color and style and the fact that it's squishable patent leather makes it look both upscale and casual at the same time. Usually patent is dressy and I think you'll get alot of good use for many years from this bag.

Enjoy! You scored big time! :)

Thanks Jane. The shoes that inspired me to get a matching bag have "squished" to my foot. I love them and look forward to the bag becoming squished as well!

--Judy

Hi. Please take a look at my site (under construction) -- I don't take orders yet since right now I only do local fairs. But I'd love feedback on my custom-made bags. ellelumiere.com

I design and sew all my one of a kind bags. Thanks for your input on my site and my bags. Always looking for ways to improve.

What is your URL?

Archived