Advice/Tips needed for RCCL/Freedom Wedding

V&D4222007

I am getting married on April 22nd on Freedom of the Seas. We have selected the Harmony wedding at the Miami Port. I need all the advice I can get. There are just so many questions and with the reviews from RCCL weddings and the Royal Romance Coordinators being so varied it just raises more worries.

What enhancements did you find were definitely needed?

So far I think I’m going with

Additional Hour of Photography? I am not very photogenic and will need all the help I can get and figure the more pictures that are taken the more chance there will be some I look decent in. Should I have a list of what pictures I definitely want? Does this cut into the Reception time? --- Any advice on the Photography Packages?

As for the reception time, I chose the Hot and Cold Hor D’oeuves w/ bar, if this is only one hour (I don’t know) can and should I get a second hour?

Flowers- it seems that the grooms boutonnière and my bouquet are included in the Harmony price. What about getting the 2 Ceremony Arrangements? ($275) Is this a must? Does it seem bland without them?

My hairdresser is part of the family and will be there to do my “do”, but I definitely want a makeup artist. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does Royal Romance provide professional Shore side make up application?

DJ – is this a yes or no. What are your thoughts for $300 + $150 for sound and light (a requirement) total $450 - I really wanted to dance at the reception. My FH and I are taking ballroom dancing lessons and would love to show off.

Transportation to the Ship Sailing Day- anyone use the Bus? I have 20 staying at the hotel the night before all sailing. I was thinking about doing the exclusive Bus ($250).

Thanks!

Some thoughts based on my experience...

Additional Hour of Photography? I found the extra hour of photography was really worth it. Otherwise, things would have been too rushed. We pre-booked a photo package, but ended up upgrading it once we saw the photos. For around $700 we got more than enough prints, plus all the proofs and a CD with digial images that we could reproduce anytime. By all means make "shot sheet" for the photographer with photos that you would like. It's always helpful for them to have a guide.

reception time? We booked a second hour of cocktails and it really made a difference. Otherwise, we would have felt too rushed.

Flowers- we were provided two silk ceremony arrangements as part of our package and they were fine. I was glad I didn't spend the extra money. But we did bring our own flowers -- silk -- for the entire wedding party (saved a bunch of money and that way we got exactly what we wanted)

DJ – We opted for the DJ since we wanted dancing (and also did the ballroom dance lessons). The photos of our first dance, and dancing with our parents are some of our favorite photos from the wedidng. We also brought a CD for the DJ so that he'd be sure to play some of our favorite songs. It wasn't cheap, but to us it was worth it.

I appreciate the advice as well. I am getting married in November on Adventure and have chosen the hot and cold h'ors...:rolleyes: and I have been toying with the second hour of photography and didn't even think of a second hour of reception. What a great idea! I have plenty of time to decide but it's great to hear what others have already done and would recommend. Do you have pictures to share? I would love to see them! Also, what did your bridemaids dresses, casual or formal, short or long, and what was their feedback on them? I don't want my girls to be uncomfortable or poor because of a dress... Is there any other advice you have for a future RC bride?

• 2 weeks later...
Some thoughts based on my experience...

Additional Hour of Photography? I found the extra hour of photography was really worth it. Otherwise, things would have been too rushed. We pre-booked a photo package, but ended up upgrading it once we saw the photos. For around $700 we got more than enough prints, plus all the proofs and a CD with digial images that we could reproduce anytime. By all means make "shot sheet" for the photographer with photos that you would like. It's always helpful for them to have a guide.

reception time? We booked a second hour of cocktails and it really made a difference. Otherwise, we would have felt too rushed.

Flowers- we were provided two silk ceremony arrangements as part of our package and they were fine. I was glad I didn't spend the extra money. But we did bring our own flowers -- silk -- for the entire wedding party (saved a bunch of money and that way we got exactly what we wanted)

DJ – We opted for the DJ since we wanted dancing (and also did the ballroom dance lessons). The photos of our first dance, and dancing with our parents are some of our favorite photos from the wedidng. We also brought a CD for the DJ so that he'd be sure to play some of our favorite songs. It wasn't cheap, but to us it was worth it.

Do you have pics from the wedding that I can see? Where the reception was held on board? Bouquets? I'm getting married in Sept '07 on the new Liberty of the Seas ship. I'm nervous on how the reception is held and if 2 hours is enough time for everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived