Cruise Packing

judy&steve

I am packing! The cruise leaves Saturday from Ft. Lauderdale and we leave pre-dawn Friday to fly down. My stress level is way up because of a health scare for my employer/best friend's mom/my adopted mom. I work in a small family business and it's been a awful couple of weeks. I am having dinner with them tomorrow and have some cooking to do along with my packing for the QM2.

I really am looking forward to this trip and the ship.

I am nearly packed now. I have to plan for three formal nights (all black, natch!) and a semi formal night plus two casual nights.

I have a few pairs of shorts and lightweight pants for the days and have even packed a bathing suit!

My dogs are in the kennel and the house is so quiet.

I made my manicure and pedicure appointment for Elizabeth Arden (Saturday) and may even get my hair done on the ship. This is my first cruise with longer hair and I'm a little concerned about the frizz factor. I do pretty well at home myself, but I haven't had to deal with Caribbean humidity in about a year and my hair was way shorter then.

I should get back to my packing.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Be thankful for the people you still have and remember those who left us too soon.

--Judy

Judy....Enjoy your cruise and keep the QM2 in good shape for us. We board when you get off and are as excited as I imagine you are. Our formal night schedule is the same as yours and I'll be doing all the packing next week while you're having a glorious time. If you have a CC get together and meet a couple of guys from Spain named Mark and Steve, tell them Penny and the Dec 2nd gang are looking forward to meeting them. They are on the crossing now and have reported that it's been fantastic...food excellent, service the same. They'll be cruising with you and also with us!!

Bon Voyage! Cheers, Penny

Judy....Enjoy your cruise and keep the QM2 in good shape for us. We board when you get off and are as excited as I imagine you are. Our formal night schedule is the same as yours and I'll be doing all the packing next week while you're having a glorious time. If you have a CC get together and meet a couple of guys from Spain named Mark and Steve, tell them Penny and the Dec 2nd gang are looking forward to meeting them. They are on the crossing now and have reported that it's been fantastic...food excellent, service the same. They'll be cruising with you and also with us!!

Bon Voyage! Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny!

We will do our best to keep the Queen in good shape for the following week! We really didn't put a CC meeting together, although we have been "talking" to a few people.

I will be on the lookout for Mark and Steve. Those just so happen to be the names of the two men in my life! Steve (my husband) and Mark (our 23 year old son, who is living on the West Coast, while we are on the East.)

I'll try to report on the Cunard board as well as this fashion board during my week.

--Judy

HI Judy....I'll look for your posts while onboard but do spend your time having fun, and if you find a minute to share we'll all be eager to read. I too have a son on the west coast while we are on the east coast...they might as well be on the moon!!!

Please have a fabulous time and if you can, share it with us who wait.:)

Cheers, Penny...who is trying to be patient with only 9 days to go!!:D

Archived