Not to be missed Celebrity Menu Items..?

becca23

Ooh, the homemade salad dressings are incredible! We have cruised with Celebrity 4 times and the salad dressing is so yummy that we often order 2 or 3 salads with dinner! Don't miss those for sure!

Make sure you try the cold soups. They are served in the main dining room and the Aqua Spa cafe. Some made from fruits, other veggies but so very tasty. Also don't miss breakfast or lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe, it is a healthy and delicious alternative to the dinning room or buffet. By all means try the alternative restuarant. Well worth the extra money and we went twice; once for regualr dinner and once for the 5 course meal! I still think about the russian salad, foie gras and cheese cart. The service and food was of the highest caliber and we dine out fine dinning for business.

I wish I was going with you! Enjoy.:)

Sorry, don't mean to overdo it. I also wanted to tell you two more secrets. We didn't discover until last couple of days but there are free fresh warm chocolate filled croisants in the cava cafe in the morning, so much tastier and more chocolate than at buffet. In the same area where they serve afternoon tea, there are delicious and free finger sandwiches!

Hi,

My absolute favorite is the cream caroline soup. I like it so much that I asked for the recipe. They gave it to me - for 40 people. I guess I could have cut it down and used it - but I threw it away.

I love all of the cream soups.

Barbara

Hi,

My absolute favorite is the cream caroline soup. I like it so much that I asked for the recipe. They gave it to me - for 40 people. I guess I could have cut it down and used it - but I threw it away.

Barbara

docBarb,

That's my wife's favorite as well. She skips the salad, has bowl, and then after the main course, she has another bowl before dessert.:p :)

Kel

Their salad dressings are wonderful. There is an appetizer I just adore on Celebrity - sadly it is only served once a week. (Used to be on the first night but they may have moved it around.) It is a mushroom turnover in a light cream sauce. When I see that I instantly order two and if I feel I can handle will ask for a third - no soup or salad for me on that day. If you like mushrooms this is wonderful!

Their salad dressings are wonderful. There is an appetizer I just adore on Celebrity - sadly it is only served once a week. (Used to be on the first night but they may have moved it around.) It is a mushroom turnover in a light cream sauce. When I see that I instantly order two and if I feel I can handle will ask for a third - no soup or salad for me on that day. If you like mushrooms this is wonderful!

Barb,

I like that as well. Here is the menu: (first night)

http://www.thepreismans.com/Infinity%20menus.htm

Kel:)

The stuffed quail is excellent.

Celebrity always has one salad dressing on the menu that is low fat. Your waiter may not offer it to you unless you specifically ask, but they are wonderful. They are often made with fresh fruit or vegetable puree. I really enjoyed the carrot ginger.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

I like

-the escargot

-sushi

-coissants at the Cova cafe

-lunch at the spa, look for a small chalkboard-on it will be two made to order items. Some are wonderful and really overlooked. One day we had prawn and scallop shish-ka-bobs. We ordered double. Wonderful

-homemade ice cream

-specialty restaurant,esp the chocolate mousse

-fruit tarts

- this also seems a bit obscure- but i also really like their turkey dinner

made to order ommletts ( eaten at the aft of the ship with the wonderful view and fresh air )

Enjoy your cruise

Nadine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Barbara

Is there any way I could get a copy of that recipe from you? That has been my favorite soup since the first time I had it. We are going on a cruise this June and I must say, I am as excited about the soup as I am the destinations. I would love to be able to make it for my family.

We are going on a cruise this June and I must say, I am as excited about the soup as I am the destinations.

I know what you mean..The beef on the Mercury is simply the best.....''Show Time" is so much fun. Sushi, I just can't wait till 4/20.

Definitely the cream of strawberry chilled soup and the creme brulee.

The maitre d' was so kind on one of my Mercury sailings (been on that ship 3x now) that when asked, he brought the creme brulee for our entire table one special evening, and a delicious curry when I requested one. I really loved that they were willing to go out of their way and make a spicy dish upon request.

Archived