Topless area?

DarkJedi

I was watching the Travel Channel last night and they had a show on the Disney Cruise Line. They discussed that one of the pools was adult only and children weren't in the area at all.

Does this mean they allow topless in that area or are tops enforced?

you're kidding right, It's disney

Nope, wasn't kidding. I didn't think it would be, but I figured with them trying to promote more childless cruisers and single cruisers they may have done something like that with an adults only pool.

I do have to say it was interesting on the show to see that they had so many adults only areas on the ships.

OP, I watched the travel channel last night also. Great way to preview the ship. But, I must say, I never would have even imagined you could go topless anywhere on the ship, except maybe your room. (hee hee)

On a serious note, we did sail on the RCL/Explorer, and kids did filter into the adult area, and were ushered out. So I would imagine that even on the Disney ship, there is always the possibility of a child wandering into the wrong area.

OP, I watched the travel channel last night also. Great way to preview the ship. But, I must say, I never would have even imagined you could go topless anywhere on the ship, except maybe your room. (hee hee)

On a serious note, we did sail on the RCL/Explorer, and kids did filter into the adult area, and were ushered out. So I would imagine that even on the Disney ship, there is always the possibility of a child wandering into the wrong area.

I wasn't sure how private the adult area was from the show, and since it was shown right before they started talking about trying to get more childless/single cruisers it made me wonder about an "adults only" pool.

Interesting enough though, the private island does have an area that allows topless.

Castaway Cay has a topless area - REALLY??!?!? My husband & I have been joking about that for weeks, but I didn't think it was really true!

Laurie

:eek: Sorry, clothing Required at Paradise Cove too. If you want a clothing optional vacation, forget Disney and go to Hedonism in Jamaica.;)

:eek: Sorry, clothing Required at Paradise Cove too. If you want a clothing optional vacation, forget Disney and go to Hedonism in Jamaica.;)

Not according to Disney. They have an adults only section of the beach and the far end of it is designated european, AKA topless, bathing permitted.

And to be honest I'm not fond of Hedo. Too many drunk guys thinking it's a place just for sex.

I don't think I'll ever understand our culture....

Can you imagine how many upset parents there would be if Disney did allow topless women by the adult pool? But yet I was just on a Disney cruise where they were showing Pirates II during the day, which is rated PG-13, and no one was checking the childrens' ages. As is typical, it is OK to see simulated killings and gross humor, but God forbid children see the things that nurished them as children.

Now, if only they could get the men to put on their shirts - please, I don't need to see that....

Darkjedi.....not to harp on this, BUT, your question has been niggling at me so I did some searching, and I found this quote on a Disney Board "Very well put, and for the record, i just called disney and they said no on the topless bathing, no matter how far down of the beach you go."

There are some beaches in St. Martten that allow topless/nude sunbathing.

That should answer your question.

I don't think I'll ever understand our culture....

Can you imagine how many upset parents there would be if Disney did allow topless women by the adult pool? But yet I was just on a Disney cruise where they were showing Pirates II during the day, which is rated PG-13, and no one was checking the childrens' ages. As is typical, it is OK to see simulated killings and gross humor, but God forbid children see the things that nurished them as children.

Now, if only they could get the men to put on their shirts - please, I don't need to see that....

Reminds me of the grandmother who sued the people who make Grand Theft Auto because she found out there was a code to allow her grandson to see the girls on the beach topless. It's ok to simulate murder, stealing cars, and being a drug dealer but seeing topless animated computer girls was just too offensive.

Darkjedi.....not to harp on this, BUT, your question has been niggling at me so I did some searching, and I found this quote on a Disney Board "Very well put, and for the record, i just called disney and they said no on the topless bathing, no matter how far down of the beach you go."

If you read a bit farther down on that site you will see where HappyLawyer wrote "Ok first off per disney there is an area on Serenity Bay where that is allowed, I called and they confirmed it, at least on the topless issue,"

Which is the same answer I got when I called and asked about euro bathing, if you ask about topless they will probably say no if they don't know that european bathing IS topless bathing.

However this is all beside the point of my original question. If the adults only pool can be accessed by children then I completely understand that Disney would not allow european style bathing, at least not as long as it's mainly Americans using their ships.

Yes, the kids can access the adult pool area quite readily as there is no divided area between the 3 pools on deck. There was a woman in a thong on our last trip and that was the topic of discussion at many a dinner table. Can you imagine what they'd say about European sunbathing? :eek: ;)

Reminds me of the grandmother who sued the people who make Grand Theft Auto because she found out there was a code to allow her grandson to see the girls on the beach topless. It's ok to simulate murder, stealing cars, and being a drug dealer but seeing topless animated computer girls was just too offensive.

I know, way OT and I may get kicked off of here, but I have to correct the error. Actually, a cheat code allows you to "Discover the Magic" (as they say at Disney) with a "woman of the evening". But you are correct, in regular game play, you could beat her up with a bat, steal her money or just kill her.

But more ON topic, when we were on the Magic back in 2000 sans kids, I distinctly remember walking far down the adult beach and seeing some topless women. They were employees - but not American. So if you really wanted to go topless on CC, I think you could find a spot. But no way on board.

I have roamed through topless beaches to get to the regular beach and have meandered up to the topless deck on a carnival ship. The women are not like the ones in the movies and are not the ones you want to see topless. Stick with the family pool and check out the hot moms. :D:D:D:D:D

Ps Security throws out the underaged very quickly from the adult section.

I have roamed through topless beaches to get to the regular beach and have meandered up to the topless deck on a carnival ship. The women are not like the ones in the movies and are not the ones you want to see topless. Stick with the family pool and check out the hot moms. :D:D:D:D:D

Ps Security throws out the underaged very quickly from the adult section.

I've noticed over the years that the people without clothes are usually the ones who should keep them on. There's a lot to be said for the imagination.

My son, then 15, had been looking forward to Orient Beach at St. Martin, until we got there and he discovered 70 year old naked men! Not quite his fantasy, I think. But this year, husband and son (now 17) want to go back to Orient Beach. I'm insisting on the Butterfly Farm FIRST!

dgaston; my son would love it if there were naked women..he's 5, and he loves "boobies." Of course, I just don't think he would like to see the naked men...nor would I. I have been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine, and seeing old Canadian men in speedo's is about all I can take of that....(hee hee)

Have a great day.

• 3 months later...

Since Orient Beach on St. Maarten's has already been mentioned, if you are on one of the Disney Cruise Line cruises of the Mediterranean and decide to get off the ship, when it ports at Villefranche, France, there is a shore excursion to a private beach at Juan les Pines. There you might not only see topless sunbathing, but total nudity, as it is a clothing optional beach.

Castaway Cay has a topless area - REALLY??!?!? My husband & I have been joking about that for weeks, but I didn't think it was really true!

Laurie

I have not heard Disney advertise a "clothing optional" area on the adult beach at Castaway Cay. However, Serenity Bay is quite large and you could find a secluded area if you want that.

Archived