High tea on Galaxy?

Joby

Hi I am on the BA flight from Heathrow 13.30hrs on the 17/3 but I will be flying from Leeds/Bradford on the 6.45hrs. A long wait in Heathrow but I would rather have the direct flight from Heathrow than change in Atlanta which was the flight they offered me. I would have flown from Manchester.

I am booked to stay at the Marriot North FLL hotel and will have the usual transfers.

I see that you live near Edinburgh and I lived in Kirkcaldy for 22 years from 1976 - 1998. I moved to Harrogate as my daughter lives here but I really love living here.

Hope that you have all your arrangements sorted. I had quite a bit of moving around when the price for the balconies came down about 4 times over about a 10 day period.

I was in a 2B and have moved to a CC room and still made a large saving. They also allowed me to have the +55 discount. All in all my cruise has kept dropping but now it seems to have stabilised and in fact there are no CC left and the price of Balcony has gone up slightly.

Sue

Hi I am on the BA flight from Heathrow 13.30hrs on the 17/3 but I will be flying from Leeds/Bradford on the 6.45hrs. A long wait in Heathrow but I would rather have the direct flight from Heathrow than change in Atlanta which was the flight they offered me. I would have flown from Manchester.

I am booked to stay at the Marriot North FLL hotel and will have the usual transfers.

I see that you live near Edinburgh and I lived in Kirkcaldy for 22 years from 1976 - 1998. I moved to Harrogate as my daughter lives here but I really love living here.

Hope that you have all your arrangements sorted. I had quite a bit of moving around when the price for the balconies came down about 4 times over about a 10 day period.

I was in a 2B and have moved to a CC room and still made a large saving. They also allowed me to have the +55 discount. All in all my cruise has kept dropping but now it seems to have stabilised and in fact there are no CC left and the price of Balcony has gone up slightly.

Sue

Hi Sue,

we still have no properly confirmed times even today altho the Travel agent handling this cruise booking called me yesterday confirming the cabin and what we think is our flight timings etc but of course nothing is set in stone until X say so as you will know already if you have dealt with them before.

We'll (hopefully) be in the cabin so much chatter was about on this Roll call with Jean ( FV 7204) ..she actually emailed me ...I had been discussing a completely different but related topic on a thread ....so it is all a huge coincidence ....I had been talking about UK PAX never getting the breaks that US/ canadian folks get regarding pricing and Jean told me her update.

As far as we know we are now just taking the basic package out to Miami which means a flight to LHR and onward to MIA with BA...which hotel we'll get put into we don't know yet but we should be having a transfer too.

As far as pricing goes ..we have had to cancel our original booking which was made some time ago for the TA on Connie and change to this cruise due to unforeseen circs. so we don't actually know the overall cost yet..but it will be plenty !!!!

I know something about Kirkcaldy as I frequently used to make a shopping trip over there to Rejects!

We'll catch up on the ship!

I loved Harrogate ...we had a nice week there, a long time ago now !

Hi

Sorry to hear you are still waiting on the confirmation of your travel plans. It should not be a problem once they get the paper work done. I had been having a problem with my OBC and the correct amount credited to my booking however after speaking to Briony at Captain's Club it is sorted.

You say you hope to be in the FV that Jean had tried to book unsuccessfully. These FV seem to be appearing and disappearing from the X web site. Don't really know what the problem is as Sharon has managed to book one as have others. They also changed from a Balcony to the FV without a problem.

I would imagine that if you are flying BA you will be on the 13.30hrs flight as the 10.30hrs flight would mean having to be at Heathrow the night before. I had been going to come down for the 13.30hrs flight but Ali my T/A said it was not necessary. Hope there are no problems with weather on the 17th.

This is far from the High/Afternoon tea topic which was started but we will enjoy whatever elegant tea they provide for us.

Sue

Archived