TSA Faux Pas

judy&steve

The TSA broke open a TSA-approved lock today on one of our bags.

They left a note, taped the lock to the note and obviously had inspected an onyx chess set which we had purchased in Cozumel. When we unpacked that suitcase, imagine our surprise when we saw a bag from Walmart with gift-wrapped presents to someone called "Kate". What does one do in a situation like this? Should I call the airline and tell them that we have Kate's gifts? How crazy is this???

Judy

Airlines are notoriously NOT good about matching missing items with their people. However, I would contact both the airlline and the TSA! The airline is not likely to be proactive about finding Kate's people.

TSA might be more so, though who knows! Kate's people, unfortunatley may not have even been on your plane if it was TSA doing the rifling. They mave have dropped the item between two baggage lines, or evn had baggae for moer than one plane in their inspection queue.

I would go to the TSA webpage, and see if it is mentioned also.

What a shame. I hope it is not something very expensive.

I don't hink I woul dsimply relinquish it to any agency without proff that they have found and contacted its owner!

Karie,

who is about to go watch some year's QE2 World Cruise which I bought from Nautioques

I did contact TSA, but I suspect they will send over a security team to stand around the suspect package until they decide what to do with it;)

I will call Air Tran later this AM.

I am fairly certain that they will not care about it at all.

Yesterday, while waiting for our flight, a lady told us that an Air Tran clerk actually asked her for a bribe because her bag was overweight! She told the passenger that it would cost $25, but she took a ten to look the other way. Unbelievable, until we were told the entire plane was overweight and they had to kick off some luggage. Bizarre.

I did contact TSA, but I suspect they will send over a security team to stand around the suspect package until they decide what to do with it;)

I will call Air Tran later this AM.

I am fairly certain that they will not care about it at all.

Yesterday, while waiting for our flight, a lady told us that an Air Tran clerk actually asked her for a bribe because her bag was overweight! She told the passenger that it would cost $25, but she took a ten to look the other way. Unbelievable, until we were told the entire plane was overweight and they had to kick off some luggage. Bizarre.

a thief is a thief is a thief!!!turn her in get her fired before she opens the luggage and takes that as well !!! pay the $ 25.00

The check in agent took a bribe!:eek: That is an utter, utter disgrace and I hope she has been reported to her superiors, that is blatant abuse of her position.

As for the TSA. :mad: Don't get me started. They are beyond useless.

Lexxity

Who is a check in agent for a British Carrier.

What?!? Lexxity? Are you trying to say you don't feel safer now with all of this Bulls.... Uh, I mean precautions?

I know *I* feel much safer knowing no one can sneak a 6 oz bottle of shampoo on board! I cannot tell you how much shampoo stoked my fears of terrorism... And don't get me started on water bottles!

but of course, as we all know, they still inspect very little at the cargo ports. But they delay babies because they have the same name as a "terror suspect"

Karie,

Who will sleep soundly tonight, knowing our safety is in good hands!

What?!? Lexxity? Are you trying to say you don't feel safer now with all of this Bulls.... Uh, I mean precautions?

My mother, aged 83, grey haired, blind with white stick, got body searched recently at Gatwick. When they reached her feet, I suggested that perhaps it might not be wise to check the bottoms of her shoes as she could possibly keel over.

And that's how we got the polonium into the country...........:).

Mary, whose mother is still dining out on the story at the Evergreens Club.

My son got the full secondary screening treatment at Chicgo O'Hare. Shoes off, coat off, pat down (by a man of course), his water wasn't allowed, it had to be disposed of (by the TSA, I couldn't drink it).

He was 13months old!

Well, now that I know about Mary's "Pelonius" mother, and Lexxity's terrorist baby, and knowing the TSA thwarted the baby;s plot, if not Mary's Mom's <G> I know *I* feel much safer!

Karie,

who wants to know how to sneak nail clippers into the country!

who wants to know how to sneak nail clippers into the country!

That's dead easy. At my mother's club (known locally as the Provisional Wing of the Evergreens) they don't waste their valuable time buggy racing through the local shopping centres. They have a class entitled 'how to hollow out your shoes and walking stick and get free holidays for life from people thwarted by daft regulations'.

There are loads of them all looking forward to smuggling your nail clippers.

:)Mary

Archived