Updates on my many situations

CaddyB123

First and foremost, thank you for ALL of your help, and EXTREME patience.

I did want to clear up the birth certificate story--I was able to get two copies today. As for the passport, it has nothing to do with being cheap, and everything to do with having lost it (can you believe it :cool:) Anyway, I am sad that I lost my other one, since it is filled with stamps of countries throughout the world. But alas, its gone. Now, when we began planning this trip, I simply asked RCCL if I needed a passport to which he responded, "no." Admittedly, I did not even consider getting one, but had I found these boards first, I would have. It makes tons more sense to get a passport.

We did end up using priceline to go the cheapie route. With taxes, fees, everything, we have our hotel and car for about 90.00. We are staying in North Ft. Lauderdale on Commercial. I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks of this area.

As for the packing, everything is in a big stack over the suitcase at this point. It has yet to be officially packed but I am sure that won't take long. My biggest fiasco was about five years ago when my tickets for Damascus came through at the last second. I was downtown Chicago and literally had to be at the airport in 2.5 hours. I rushed home (to the burbs) and literally packed four suitcases (for DD and I) for three months. I packed in about 30 minutes (all dirty clothes, I know gross). Anyway, so I will pack later this evening after a trip to the burbs to see my little girls.

A final few questions before I go off to get my mani and pedi (my second in my life, here in the United States): is there anything to do in Ft. Lauderdale that is pretty cheap?

I am sure I will be on later tonight. I already have a few questions.

Archived