2008 brides?

Still planning daughters wedding, looks like the Navigator in late April.... if she'd only pic a ship I could plan the party!:rolleyes:

We are also planning our daughters wedding. Looks like we've decided on Liberty of the Seas Dec. 13, 2008.

My plans are in the beginning phase. I have reserved my room, but still have to pick a wedding package. I do have some concerns, especially concerning the cost of photography. I have read others and they are ridiculous. Cost is a major factor for me since we have 3 children that will be attending as well. I am really excited. If anyone weds on the Liberty before me, can you let me know how it went? It would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention that this is my first cruise ever, so I am going in blindly.

• 1 month later...

New here! We are getting married on the Island Princess, at sea on an Alaska cruise July 1, 2008. Just starting to work with TWE, so far so good, they are pretty responsive. I'd love to hear any reviews of a Princess wedding at Sea!:D

Hey Alabama-

I'm getting married at sea on the Caribbean Princess, May 2008. There are a number of great Princess reviews. Search for the one by Kadiebug. Also, search Space07 (an Alaska bride-she had a beautiful wedding but a lot of bumps in the road along the way!). There are some other good ones too, I just can't remember all the names. Some of the girls still check in on the boards, and they are great about answering questions.

TWE has been fine for us so far, just be patient and it will all work out! Happy planning!

Hey Alabama-

I'm getting married at sea on the Caribbean Princess, May 2008. There are a number of great Princess reviews. Search for the one by Kadiebug. Also, search Space07 (an Alaska bride-she had a beautiful wedding but a lot of bumps in the road along the way!). There are some other good ones too, I just can't remember all the names. Some of the girls still check in on the boards, and they are great about answering questions.

TWE has been fine for us so far, just be patient and it will all work out! Happy planning!

Thanks so much for the tips!!

We're getting married on July 14th, 2008 on Bermuda while cruising on RCCL Explorer of the Seas :D

Hi cruising couple NYC - I just found this website while trying to find info on cruising to Bermuda & getting married there - looks like we might be looking at the same ship leaving from NJ on July 12th 2008? Are you getting married in Bermuda & if so do you know where? I am still trying to figure out all the details & to see if I need a wedding planner or could just use a "resort" planner. We would like to get married on the beach & just have a simple cocktail reception on shore - what are you planning???

Luckycop,

I am getting married in St. Thomas on February 5th, 2008. We are also using Weddings the Island Way and getting married on Magen's Bay Beach while in port.

I read a couple of negative reviews about Weddings the Island Way but it seemed to be things that were avoidable and they certainly did not happen to me.

I am so excited, I can't believe it is still so far away but it has gone by really quick so far!

We are planning to go tandem parasailing after the ceremony.

What time are you getting married and are youplanning to wear a wedding dress?

Our wedding is first thing in the morning, I think she said 9:30 and I want to wear a "beachy" wedding dress. But I am wondering what we should do after? Do I go back on the ship, change our clothes and then get back off the ship? I don't want to waste my whole day in St. Thomas changing my clothes????

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I believe our wedding will be around 10:30 am! I love the idea of tandem parasailing! We are taking a tour of the island with our guests following our ceremony. We will probably have 30-35 people with us!

I am wearing an informal wedding dress. FI is wearing a white silk shirt and tan pants. We are going with a very simple look.

If I change my clothes prior to the tour, I will probably wear my veil...I think it would allow some fun pictures~

What other plans do you have?

We are going to return to the ship for dinner, then have a small reception in the piano bar.

Good luck!

We're getting married on January 22, 2008 on the beach in Aruba during our Adventure of the Seas cruise. We're having a beach ceremony and then a catamaran cruise reception w/cocktails and hors duerves. I can't wait!!!!! We've got 23 people booked so far and the plans are finally rolling right along, phew!

Laura

Setting sail on the Carnival Valor 8/3/08! Trying to decide whether to get married at Port in Grand Cayman or to have the ceremony on board....any suggestions?!?!? Feel Lost!!!

I don't know if this helps or not, but Cayman is a port that gets missed frequently on cruises because of weather/sea conditions. If you miss the port, you'd miss your wedding. Others have married there and made it ashore, though! :)

Archived