2008 brides?

Our wedding is booked for May 11, 2008 on the Conquest.

Wow, I am so excited! You are the first Conquest Bride for 2008 that I have met. How far are you in the planning process? Have you been on the conquest before? We sailed the Conquest in April 2007 and we loved it so much that is why we chose to get married on it. It really is a beautiful ship!

Bridetobe08,

You asked about getting married in St. Thomas... my mom was on a HAL ship that docked there this past January. They took a ferry to St. John and had the wedding in a little chapel there and then pics on the beach. I don't know the name of the company they used but it was basically just this one lady that does everything, she seems kind of earthy and spiritual, very nice from what my mom said. So if you run across the one-lady-wedding-company in St. John, it's her, and she was apparently great!

Wow' date=' I am so excited! You are the first Conquest Bride for 2008 that I have met. How far are you in the planning process? Have you been on the conquest before? We sailed the Conquest in April 2007 and we loved it so much that is why we chose to get married on it. It really is a beautiful ship![/quote']

We've really done very little except for booking our cabins, making the reservation for the 1 1/2 hour wedding/reception and looking through the packet we got from Carnival.

We've never been on the Conquest so any suggestions you can give us about what location for the reception would be best would be appreciated. I know we want to have music but not the DJ - so the disco is out. I'm guessing we'll have about 50 guests with 15 or so sailing with us.

Dianne

We've really done very little except for booking our cabins, making the reservation for the 1 1/2 hour wedding/reception and looking through the packet we got from Carnival.

We've never been on the Conquest so any suggestions you can give us about what location for the reception would be best would be appreciated. I know we want to have music but not the DJ - so the disco is out. I'm guessing we'll have about 50 guests with 15 or so sailing with us.

Dianne

The music that you choose determines the location for the reception. We originally wanted to have the pianist (location Blue's Piano Bar), but I read other posts that the piano bar is small and according to another post "cheesy." So, we ended up going with the Henri's Disco. On our last cruise we did not go to the Blue's Piano Bar, so I do not have any first hand advice on that locale. You can do searches on webshots.com for each and see what the rooms look like. The other things that I have heard from other Conquest reviews(as well as other ships) that I have read is: bring your own cake topper and champagne flutes, because the ones that they provide are a little tacky.

We are beginning to plan our wedding for May 12, 2008 in Bermuda. We are sailing on RC's Grandeur of the Seas.

Anyone using an outside of the cruiseline wedding planner?

Hi there Bermuda Bride...

I am using an outside wedding planner on Bermuda- Bermuda Wedding Salon, which is run by Barbara Whitecross. We are in the beginning phases as well and so far so good...there is another thread about Bermuda weddings if you'd like to check it out for some info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=574220 (i'm new to posting, my fiancee usually uses the boards, so I'm not sure if I can put a link to the thread in here, I'm sorry!!) Congrats and good luck!!!!

Maggie

Hi cruising couple NYC - I just found this website while trying to find info on cruising to Bermuda & getting married there - looks like we might be looking at the same ship leaving from NJ on July 12th 2008? Are you getting married in Bermuda & if so do you know where? I am still trying to figure out all the details & to see if I need a wedding planner or could just use a "resort" planner. We would like to get married on the beach & just have a simple cocktail reception on shore - what are you planning???

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you...I'm slowly begining to get addicted to the boards! I believe we will be having our wedding cruise on the same sailing!! How cool!!!! :D We are using a planning agency on the island, Bermuda Wedding Salon. We're actually sailing on Explorer leaving tomorrow (7/20) and are doing a site visit while in Bermuda at the Coco Reef Resort as a location for both the ceremony and reception. We're hoping (key word, hoping) that we will have around 50 people either sailing or flying to Bermuda so we're going for a reception on the island. From what the wedding planner has told me, if you are having a larger number of people joining you at the ceremony it is better to use a resort beach for the ceremony...otherwise it is difficult to set up chairs and have the area on the beach to yourself. If you'd like you can e-mail me & I can get back to you when I return from the cruise and hopefully I'll have some more info for you!! mags25@earthlink.net CONGRATS!! and good luck!!

maggie

The music that you choose determines the location for the reception. We originally wanted to have the pianist (location Blue's Piano Bar)' date=' but I read other posts that the piano bar is small and according to another post "cheesy." So, we ended up going with the Henri's Disco. On our last cruise we did not go to the Blue's Piano Bar, so I do not have any first hand advice on that locale. You can do searches on webshots.com for each and see what the rooms look like. The other things that I have heard from other Conquest reviews(as well as other ships) that I have read is: bring your own cake topper and champagne flutes, because the ones that they provide are a little tacky.[/quote']

Wow, I need to get to work on all this. Thanks for the special tips. Maybe it would be easier if you emailed me or sent an IM...check my profile if you'd like to do that.

Dianne

Wow, I need to get to work on all this. Thanks for the special tips. Maybe it would be easier if you emailed me or sent an IM...check my profile if you'd like to do that.

Dianne

Hi Dianne, if you give me your email, I can email you some of the links that I have used to get information.

Hi Dianne' date=' if you give me your email, I can email you some of the links that I have used to get information.[/quote']

You should be able to download my vcard from my profile (at least if its working...I'm a little technically challenged!)

Thanks!

Thought I would add more to the post...we're cruising February 23 on Carnival Triumph and getting married in St. Thomas on February 26 (which happens to also be the anniversary of our first date) so it seemed perfect. We planned through Fantasia Weddings and are getting married on Emerald Beach at 1030...not sure what to do after, but I think it would be fun to go around the island and get some pics before we head back to the cabin and change.

Best of luck to you all!!!

My Fiance and I are getting married at Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel on 4/8/08 while on the beautiful Voyager of the Seas! So far we have 19 guests booked, and hopefully more to come!

We aren't going thru Royal for the plans, we are using Cozumel Wedding Planner - I have only heard great things about them. Anyone heard anything else?

Kelly :)

OK, all you Buff Brides out there, I ordered by wedding dress this weekend and now I am totally inspired to become a "Buff Bride". I bought the book today and started looking through it. My question for you guys is... are you doing all the exercises in the book in addition to your regular cardio or did any of you purchase the Buff Bride DVD? Just curious if I should buy the DVD or not?:)

OK' date=' all you Buff Brides out there, I ordered by wedding dress this weekend and now I am totally inspired to become a "Buff Bride". I bought the book today and started looking through it. My question for you guys is... are you doing all the exercises in the book in addition to your regular cardio or did any of you purchase the Buff Bride DVD? Just curious if I should buy the DVD or not?:)[/quote']

Ooops! :o Wrong thread!

We are not getting married on the ship but doing our honeymoon on the ship. We are getting married April 11 2008. Sailing on the April 13 on the Adventure of the seas in the Caribbean. Is anyone eles going on that ship??

• 2 weeks later...

Getting married April 4th 2008 on the Emerald Princess on embarkation day. Guest list of 100, probably with 60 attendees and 10-15 actually sailing with us.

My only concern is that I hope people sailing dont' actually expect us to be playing host....(family has me wondering, they are sweet and I luv them, but honeymoons are for romance, right?)

We are getting married at Grand Old House - Grand Cayman, 12th February ...subject to tendering of course off the Disney Magic .......or flying out end of May, if we fail to make port !. :D

We only have 2 adults (us) and 2 children (mine) to consider in our party - so pretty laid back about whether we make port or not .....:rolleyes:

..I think you have to be, if you even want to consider this option, from what I've read.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived