Help, it's crunch time.

bubiesmom

My family was dragging it's feet and we are just now deciding on our shore excursions and it's less than two weeks until our cruise! (Please don't move this post to ports of call).

I called Shorex today and they were closed, will they still book my shore excursions tomorrow over the phone? I understand that there would have to be space available. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Here's what I wanted to do: (DW, DH and two kids 16 and 11)

1. rent a car in Hilo, visit the VNP on our own and find the Big Island Cookie Company

2. Kahului-either the Molokini Crater Snorkel or the Haleakala Crater

3. Kona- either the Body Glove or the Dolphin Sail and Snorkel

4. Kauai- the Journey to Waimea Canyon Hike

5. Honolulu-the Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City tour(how is this possible if the tour leave at 7:45am and you're supposed to debark that day)?

Please someone tell me that I can still try to book this stuff? Any comments on my picks? ( I used the info from other posters and what my kids wanted to do.)

Thanks bunches, I am freaking out right now.....:eek: :eek: :o :( :confused:

I think you're too late to book shore excursions now because they shut it down a couple weeks before your cruise. But I doubt you'll have any problems if you book them the day you board.

#5 is because there are no customs or immigration to deal with your cruise and they take all your luggage. Have fun

Thanks, Mike I was worried. I booked online last night and actually got confirmation early this morning for the Molokini Crater Snorkel! Yeah, I'm so excited. You responded to #5 by saying that "they" take your luggage...who takes it? If I rented a car the last day, how could I make the Pearl Harbour tour????????? I see you live in Hawaii, what can you tell me about the Molokini Crater snorkel, it looks nice on the website.........

We're on POH 12/25 and I have a 13 year old son. The two things I have planned - but not booked yet - that I think he'll enjoy are: the MudBug trip on Kauai and the Captain Zodiac raft/snorkel on Kona. My son is scared of heights so he nixed the zipline on Maui. One of the things I'm trying to find out - it might help you too - is WHAT are some of the items on the scavenger hunt the first night. If anyone can contribute I'd be eternally grateful! Mary Ellen from Madison, WI

You responded to #5 by saying that "they" take your luggage............

NCL now has a program where if you are flying out the day the cruise ends they will pre-check your luggage for you on your airlines. This is done for a fee but it is a convienent method of travel. You arrange with the ship to handle your luggage and you spend the day not trying to pack around luggage in a rental car.

Archived