Post your best UNDERWATER cruise pictures

Suzski,

There's no photos there.......lol....... Just boxes with red X's. :rolleyes:

Weird....I can see them when I go to the thread....but there are others posts that have the red X's.... can someone help me. I saw that I can post the link but they are saved on my hard drive.... can someone with more computer savvy help me figure this out?:o

.....okay, after doing a bit of research using the "search" button (something I DO know how to use :^) ), let me try it again....

958115320206_0_SM.jpg

766125320206_0_SM.jpg

875905320206_0_SM.jpg

829825320206_0_SM.jpg

I think this worked....now if I could only figure out how to make them bigger....do I have to use Photobucket?

Weird....I can see them when I go to the thread....but there are others posts that have the red X's.... can someone help me. I saw that I can post the link but they are saved on my hard drive.... can someone with more computer savvy help me figure this out?:o

I don't even see the red X. However, are you saying you linked to a photo that is stored on your hard drive? If so, then the only way anyone can see it is if you are logged on. Otherwise there is no way for the link to work.

Try using a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket.Com because it is free and allows lots of storage space.

.....okay, after doing a bit of research using the "search" button (something I DO know how to use :^) ), let me try it again....

I think this worked....now if I could only figure out how to make them bigger....do I have to use Photobucket?

This is the message people get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /photos2117/2/20/53/11/58/9/958115320206_0_SM.jpg on this server.

When you use kodak to host your photos. Best try a different photo hosting site.

I've gone to photobucket and loaded this....can anyone see the photo's?

4.jpg?t=1182563708

2.jpg

girl-seal.jpg

Well, in the top photo there are a bunch of little fish. In the middle photo a big fish showed up and the little fish all disappeared. In the bottom photo a seal is kissing a little girl.

If I got it right, then you posted them correctly. :D

I've gone to photobucket and loaded this....can anyone see the photo's?
Yep, it worked. Nice photos like these would be even nicer if they were a bit larger.

This is a grouper. The little fish left when he showed up because the the little fish know what the grouper eats, little fish.

2.jpg

This is a trumpet fish. It thinks you can't see him when he is vertical.

5.jpg

This is a sea cucumber.

1.jpg

These underwater photos are so sharp and brilliant. For all you photo nuts what is it that makes them so sharp. Is it the camera or being underwater! I am amazed they have so much clarity!

It is the quality of the camera along with the skill of the photographer. Being underwater actually makes getting a sharp image more difficult.

These underwater photos are so sharp and brilliant. For all you photo nuts what is it that makes them so sharp. Is it the camera or being underwater! I am amazed they have so much clarity!

For me the secret is taking LOTS of pictures. I probably take a dozen pictures for every one that comes out. I have a digital camera that is around 4 years old with an underwater casing. You can buy these on eBay, sometimes inexpensively (for around $50 or so for the camera and another $50 or so for the case) if you pick a model that is 3 or 4 years old (it will be 2 or 3 mega-pixel but that is fine for snapshots) and look a lot for a few weeks. I also adjust the color using Photoshop Elements (the consumer version of photoshop. This makes a huge difference in clarity due to the improved contrast. Look at some examples on this photo gallery ---> CLICK HERE

Lsimon, you have wonderful pictures! I too take about 50 pictures and have only 5 worth keeping; however, I can never "really" get the blue out as well as you do. Just don't have the talent you do, I guess:o

...however, I can never "really" get the blue out as well as you do. Just don't have the talent you do, I guess:o

In 90% of the cases it is very easy to get the blue out - I use Photoshop Elements, and usually just hitting the "Auto Level" or "Auto Color" button on the "Quick Fix" menu does it. In fact they have a setting to batch process a bunch of photos at once which I use to reduce the size of a whole folder of pictures for email and internet posting - (I save the original larger files in a different folder for back-up). This has a box to click to adjust the color and/or level automatically during this process - and most of the time that alone does it. In rare cases I have to mess around with the more advanced controls to get the photo right - and usually I'm just experimenting as I really don't know how everything works either!

I'm with Jana.... You have great photos Larry......And your adjusting is great..... I'm ready to go invest in Photoshop..... lol.... I have the program that came with HP image zone and with my camera but they don't do that good of a job with editing photos color wise... Though I truthfully try not too at this point in photo taking... I'm trying to remind myself to take good photos and work on composition while taking versus adjusting later.... That's just me.....But I want to be able to do better editing when I want too.... What I have doesn't do that well.....Thanks for the info.:D

Archived