I need NCL Groupies help...Dream or Sun

elisamarie

We are looking at either the Sun or Dream 7 day Western Caribbean. The difference in cost is $230 with Dream being the cheaper. We have never been on NCL and are trying it out to see if we want to take entire family. Been on RCCL, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival. Did Anytime Dining on Princess and LOVED it, so know we will like Freestyle.

Would the Sun be $230pp better than the Dream? They pretty much go to the same ports and the ports aren't that important. Either way we are driving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been on the Sun and will be on the Dream in a few weeks, but my instincts tell me you would be happier on the Sun with that price difference. I don't think the Dream was originally built for Freestyle dining, and the Sun has more dining options. It's a beautiful ship. That's my vote. :)

I've sailed on both ships within the last year. The Sun is 9 years younger and half again larger than the Dream, and provides more and larger venues.

I like the Sun's itinerary better. I liked the Sun better overall, being a larger ship and having more dining options and other venues than the Dream. But if you're the type that dine only at the Main Restaurants, the Dream's food tasted as good or better than what you'll find on the Sun. It's the same receipes and menus. About the only disappointment I really had aboard the Dream was the buffet area. The Sports Bar is much too small. If you're the type that likes to dine at the buffet, you're better off on the Sun.

With either ship, you can have a great cruise, depending on what type of foods and dining venues you prefer to eat. The Dream will get you to Cozumel almost as fast as the Sun. On my cruise two weeks ago, both were docked next to one another in Cozumel. Links to the photos from both my recent cruises are in my signature below.

I have been on both & agree with Electricron. The Sun is my favorite ship so far & we have a 2nd cruise scheduled in Feb. She's just a special ship with a great crew. She was designed for free-style. However, we enjoyed the Dream & wouldn't hesitate to go again. Have a great trip!

I haven't been on the Dream, but have had many clients cruise her and most have come back very happy. That beiing said, with your past cruising experience I would suggest the Sun. Yes, it is a little more, well a lot more, but she is a great ship, lots of fun people and much better suited for families. I believe you said you want to try it out before taking the family.

The Dream is a wonderful older lady I have heard and can be really fun, but the Sun is truely a great ship. NMnita

Archived