The Most Comprehensive/Useful Cruising Tips & Tricks I Have Found Thusfar

anilos81

I can't seem to get the list up through any of the links posted, but wanted to comment on the $2 bills. We never had a problem with them when I was a banker. They are currency, just ;like any other bill, but I could see foreign countries questioning them, being they are rare. I will stick with 1's and 5's, but certainly don't think anyone hoping for/expecting a tip would turn away a $2 bill.

• 2 weeks later...
And for anyone reading the list please take everything with a grain of salt. Make sure anything it suggests does not violate the ships rules, such as taking food off of the ship. Great idea in principal but not actually allowed!

Am I missing something here? I have always taken food off the ship especially when we go to a deserted beach. Where did you get that info. I have never been questioned about the food I take off the boat. Is there a rule somewhere? I've not ever heard of this. I don't want to get caught doing the wrong thing:eek: , so please share what the rule is and where you read it, or heard it. Thanks!:o

Last year on the carnival in the carribean, there was big signs where you get off the ship to go to the islands. It read no food allowed to be taken off the ship. For fear of getting in trouble I told them we had a banana for the beach. He said, if we do take it off the ship, we are taking our own chances that the local authorites check our bags or see it and then we are on our own to deal with there punishments. Though the odds are slim, we were not taking any chances on going to jail for a banana (to funny) in another conuntry and tossed it in the trash before getting off the ship.

This cruise we will take along some prepackaged crackers or something for a snack at the beach which we bring from home. I believe this to be fine.

Archived