Need your advice

laineymb

I am looking for input from experienced cruisers. Just came off the Westerdam and we were very unhappy. We have been most happy on Celebrity and formerly Princess.

I am thinking about Jewel of the Seas RCI, Millenium Celebrity and Caribbean Princess .

Our needs are as follows:

Looking for creative and tasty Lido buffet, great dinner menus, good entertainment and a variety of daily activities

Please send me your favorites and your thoughts on the ships I noted-would appreciate new ideas too.

Love Celebrity and Princess.

Had one of our best cruises on the Millenium and would sail her again in a heart beat. Beautiful ship and excellent food and service. Night life okay but much quieter than other cruise lines.

Have been on many Princess ships and our least favorite is the Caribbean princess. They added another deck of cabins but extra open space. So the ship is crowded feeling. I'd recommend the Diamond or Shapphire or the new Emerald.

I've only sailed once on RCL on the Freedom of the Seas. We loved the ship layout but the food was below par. RCL is known for their activities and entertainment but they nickel and dime you at every turn.

Does this help or confuse you more?

We've cruised the Westerdam once and Princess the rest of the time.

We liked the Westerdam OK = especially the beds, they are heavenly! and having a bathtub and sitting area in the cabin - but thought the entertainment was lacking and preferred the Princess menues. The Westerdam has a larger and more spacious feeling dining room, which we liked. All of Princess' dining rooms we've been in are low-ceilinged with twinkly lights which feels closed in. I'd say there are plusses and minuses with each line and if you find one you like you should stick with it.

If food is that important - go with Celebrity. I have yet to be on any cruise line that had food as good as Celebrity. We thought the food on the Crown was not too good, but I have heard from others who have traveled Princess on other ships that the food on other ships was better.

But as far as a great room - the Crown has the nicest room at a great price than any other cruise ship we've been on. The pricing I think is better than Celebrity.

And I prefer Princesses itineraries.

You have to decide what is more important and if food is that important, Celebrity is the one I'd book.

Archived