Bermuda in April?

OptFlv

Hello all!

Myself, my fiance, and some friends of ours are working out another cruise, probably for April of this year. We are trying to decide between Bermuda (which I've never been to), or the Eastern Caribbean (it's been a while since I've gone on a cruise there). We're hoping to travel on the Costa Magica again.

My fiance and I will want to scuba dive, and hang out at the beach. If we were in Bermuda, maybe rent a moped for a day, and have a look around the island.

My real question is: what is Bermuda like in April? How is the weather? What's the water temperature like? Keep in mind that we're from Florida, not Maine! :) The coldest water I'm interested in would be around 70F.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! :)

-Rob

I just booked the NCL Spirit out of ny for may 5th.It does bermuda and the eastern caribbean.I wanted a one day stop in bermuda just to check it out so it should be a good cruise.The weather in bermuda should be warm enough to go to the beach.1st time on Ncl so we'll see how that goes.

You might be cold!! We went on a Bermuda cruise in May one year, and it was chilly and rainy the entire week. Bermuda is not a tropical island. The warm months are prob June - August. Those are the only months I will go to Bermuda now. We went last year end of June, and it was sunny, hot and beautiful! Bermuda is my favorite. It is a gorgeous island!

Check the weather before you leave, so you are prepared!

We cruised to Bermuda the last week of April '05 and IMO the weather and water temp were perfect (I am from NY, though:)). It was sunny and mid 80's the entire week. The water temp. was 70. Comparable to what we get up here in late July. My hubby and I snorkeled 2 days straight. I absolutely fell in love with Bermuda and can't wait to go back!

Good luck choosing!

Hello all!

Myself, my fiance, and some friends of ours are working out another cruise, probably for April of this year. We are trying to decide between Bermuda (which I've never been to), or the Eastern Caribbean (it's been a while since I've gone on a cruise there). We're hoping to travel on the Costa Magica again.

-Rob

Travelling to Bermuda on a cruise ship is logical. My wife and I visited in May of 01 and flew in, and 'hoteled' for the week... it's pricey.

We'll cruise in next time, as you can really spend on consumables, and the food costs are high... the ship will always have dinner ready at no additional cost, which leaves money in your pockets for other things.

The glass bottomed boat tour in Bermuda is actually worth it... the caves are just incredible... you can't judge the depth of the water.

If you plan on cruising, try for the two-port cruise (St. Georges, and the Naval museum)... both ends of the island. A 3 day bus pass is your best travel buy, and allows you unlimited use. Try not to get too nervous while bussing it... they seem to fly through the roads, as they are quite narrow. No routes to really worry about.... all bus stops are marked by poles with bands of paint. Pink on top, white on bottom, and the bus travels in north to south... reverse the colors, and the bus is going the other way.

The beaches are pink, and cool on the feet.

Marvelous island... warm, clean, and friendly.:)

Archived