What Shoes To Wear?

nabby

I am moving this from the OPI nail polish thread. The OP in that thread and I are wearing similar color dresses on formal nights.

Quote:

I will be wearing a deep purple one formal night and a wine color the next.

Actually, the nail color was just one thing I am trying to work out - I might open a different thread for this, but...

What color shoes are you planning to wear? I would like to bring one pair that could be worn with both dresses (I am already in shoe overkill). I have plenty of dressy shoes to choose from:

Black slingbacks w/ silver thread shot thru - I really don't like wearing black with these colors, I feel like it is kind of boring, but they are beautiful shoes.

Silver slingbacks - the heel and strap are satin, but the main part of the shoe has sequins (not terribly flashy though). The pros: these shoes have a lower heel but they still look very dressy - the low heel is easier to handle on a boat. The cons: I'm afraid they might be too light a color for these dresses. Also the dresses have beading, no sequins, so I'm not sure that is a good mix.

Gunmetal gray pumps - these have a metallic finish which makes them dressy. They are the safe choice - the very dark color goes with almost anything - but they are a little boring. Still, I am leaning toward them because I would rather but my "bling" into my jewelry than my shoes.

Both dresses are silk (not shiny, more like chiffon) with very subtle burnout pattern and beading.

HAL Oosterdam Jan. 27 - Feb. 3, 2007

Gunmetal gray pumps - these have a metallic finish which makes them dressy. They are the safe choice - the very dark color goes with almost anything - but they are a little boring. Still, I am leaning toward them because I would rather but my "bling" into my jewelry than my shoes.

These sound great with the color of your 2 dresses. They wouldn't be boring if you wear the 'bling' in your jewelry. You don't want too many focal points...just put together like a pro!!

Have a great cruise!!!

One of the dresses is new, the other I have had awhile, but I did find pictures of both. The color never comes out exactly on the computer, though - especially with the wine colored dress. It looks darker on the computer.

296801182_winecoloreddress.JPG.93f90f96dc2a6efbea3d3d58fe778e1a.JPG

1344908520_periwinkledress.JPG.9cb33ed19fcceb3565894d3dad29ee15.JPG

I say the black with the wine and the gunmetal with the periwinkle. I think the black will look best with the wine colored dress, especially since there's black in the dress. I think the black is too much with the periwinkle though - the dress is too light for black. But of course I would say bring 2 pair - I brought 11 pair on my Miracle cruise:eek: If you really only want to bring 1 pair, I'd go with the gunmetal.

BTW, I LOVE the periwinkle dress.

I say the black with the wine and the gunmetal with the periwinkle. I think the black will look best with the wine colored dress, especially since there's black in the dress. I think the black is too much with the periwinkle though - the dress is too light for black. But of course I would say bring 2 pair - I brought 11 pair on my Miracle cruise:eek: If you really only want to bring 1 pair, I'd go with the gunmetal.

BTW, I LOVE the periwinkle dress.

Chigirl - 11 pr.?! You're my kind of girl!

I knew the picture of that wine-colored dress was not very good - there is no black in the dress at all, the picture is just too dark. However, I agree that the black shoes really do look best with that dress. After doing my "bag packing check run" - where I decide which suitcases to bring - I have decided to bring both the black shoes and the gunmetal ones (they really look fantastic with the periwinkle dress). One of the nice things about bringing these silk, unconstructed dresses is that they take up very little packing room - all the better to bring extra things, like shoes! At this point I am "down" to 6 pr. of shoes/sandals but I will probably be bringing more home (I love shoes!)

Thank you everyone for your help.

I agree with many of the above posts. I think the black will look best with the maroon dress and the gunmetal with the lilac dress.

If you are really trying to get it down to one pair I would choose the gunmetal since they would go with both. The black will be too harsh with the lilac and as you said the silver may be a little too light.

I posted the original OPI thread. I'm going to wear black with both of my outfits. I tried them on and they look great with the black. My purple is deeper than yours. I hate dragging two pair of shoes for the two formal nights. (DH wears size 14 shoes so his take up half of the suitcase :) ) Your dresses are really pretty. Have a great time.

Archived