What's up with Voyager

CleoPat

I've been all over these boards trying to find some info on this ship and all I can see is that it looks beautiful, but no real feedback. Can't find a Compass to see what they offer in the way of onboard activities. I'm thinking of taking my mom in March for her 80th birthday. Cruiseclues has really OLD info! Any help on info would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have posted two Voyager reviews. The links are down in my signature. There are many other Voyager reviews floating around too. As for the compass activities, I don't have a scanner, but I have my compasses if you have specific questions. There is always something to do on this class of ship.:)

Just click on REVIEWS on the top listing. Mom will ove the ship from the ice rink with ice shows, a promenade mall to walk & shop or just eat in for free, the beautiful pool area and way up for loungers to relax & read a book in, mini golf is always a good time for both of you. Any of the Voyager Class ships have plenty to enjoy. Ultra-Voyager Class's Freedom & the new Liberty coming out in May is a touch bigger with the Flowrider to surf in but I doubt if she will do it but maybe love to watch.

We cruise Radiance Class & up for the special touches & plenty of glass for views on all of them.

The on board activities on the Voyager will be the same as on any other ship. The difference will be activities that are specific to facilities found only on Voyager class or Freedom class ships. You will find the same daily activities as you did on Radiance such as the belly-flop contest, Quest game, Love & Marriage game, wine tasting, cooking demo's etc. The difference will be that Voyager will offer an ice show and ice skating, in-line skating, and other things specific to Voyager's facilities.

I have posted two Voyager reviews. The links are down in my signature. There are many other Voyager reviews floating around too. As for the compass activities, I don't have a scanner, but I have my compasses if you have specific questions. There is always something to do on this class of ship.:)

Thanks KelJ. I did read both your reviews and it did help me. Just wondered why there are not more people talking about this ship since it seems so beautiful. My mom would LOVE the ice skating show. I do have a few questions: Is Labadee a private part of Haiti that just RCI ships go to? Is the buffet there provided by the ship or do you have to pay? Is there any transportation to get from one part to another so my mom doesn't have to walk too much? Do you pay for that? Do you have to pay to eat at Johnny Rockets or other places on the Promenade? Did you notice any major differences on your Compass activities from one year to the other? I think I've seen one for 2005 and thought maybe it was too old. Since you have done both years on the same ship, thought maybe you can give me feedback on that. Thanks so much

My other thought was that maybe we would try Costa Mediterranea. Anyone out there that can compare the two for me?:confused:

Thanks KelJ. I did read both your reviews and it did help me. Just wondered why there are not more people talking about this ship since it seems so beautiful. My mom would LOVE the ice skating show. I do have a few questions: Is Labadee a private part of Haiti that just RCI ships go to? Is the buffet there provided by the ship or do you have to pay? Is there any transportation to get from one part to another so my mom doesn't have to walk too much? Do you pay for that? Do you have to pay to eat at Johnny Rockets or other places on the Promenade? Did you notice any major differences on your Compass activities from one year to the other? I think I've seen one for 2005 and thought maybe it was too old. Since you have done both years on the same ship, thought maybe you can give me feedback on that. Thanks so much

My other thought was that maybe we would try Costa Mediterranea. Anyone out there that can compare the two for me?:confused:

Labadee is a private enclave operated by RCI. The buffet is provided by the ship and there is no charge. It's basically a BBQ with burgers, chicken, salad, etc. There is a tram that goes around Ladabee for those people that cannot walk that far.

There is a charge of $3.95 to eat at Johnny Rockets. It's all the food you can eat, but any beverages or shakes are extra. The food in the Promenade Cafe is free. There is a charge for the ben & Jerry's ice cream and the Seattle's Best coffee.

Labadee is a private enclave operated by RCI. The buffet is provided by the ship and there is no charge. It's basically a BBQ with burgers, chicken, salad, etc. There is a tram that goes around Ladabee for those people that cannot walk that far.

There is a charge of $3.95 to eat at Johnny Rockets. It's all the food you can eat, but any beverages or shakes are extra. The food in the Promenade Cafe is free. There is a charge for the ben & Jerry's ice cream and the Seattle's Best coffee.

I've been all over these boards trying to find some info on this ship and all I can see is that it looks beautiful, but no real feedback. Can't find a Compass to see what they offer in the way of onboard activities. I'm thinking of taking my mom in March for her 80th birthday. Cruiseclues has really OLD info! Any help on info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Couple of things to consider, March is spring break time. Second is your mom able to get around easily, with long periods of walking? I found the Voyager a challenge, my stepdad was in a wheelchair and didnt get to see much, spent most his time in his cabin or on the pool deck, ship too hard to manuveur otherwise and we found people unwilling make an exception and let you on an elevator. I usually take the stairs but this ship is a bit on the big side to use them all the time. My mom is about to be 70 and is very active, goes out dancing several times a week and she didnt like the Voyager, thought it was too big. Took too long waiting on the elevator and since she was with my stepdad she did not have the option of using the stairs.

Maybe look at a Radiance class for her, unless you know she will enjoy the Voyager. It is pretty, but unless you do all the extra stuff on board, not really worth it.

Everyone raves about this ship and the bigger one's, just wanted to point out the other side from my experience.

The activities don't seem to have varied much between the two years. I think the 2005 compass would be a great example of what to expect.

Superjerryw has been kind enough to answer your Labadee and food questions. I will only add that there is no charge for the tram that takes people around Labadee. Also, if you buy any drinks at Labadee, you need your seapass card (and they will accept the soda sticker there too).

We went on Voyager last month for the 2nd year in a row,You and your mother will love her! :) As far as walking goes I think your mom should be fine It does not take long to get from one place to another. Johnny Rockets has a cover charge of $3.95 its all you can eat but shakes are extra. You and your mom will love the Ice show! We have seen it 2 years in a row and it has been great both times. Also take Mom to go see the other shows while onboard The Royal Caribbean dancers and singers are first class! Have a great time on whatever ship you choose !

Cali :)

Monarch 11/30/07 Baja "The Booze Cruise" :p

Voyager 12/06 W. Caribbean

Voyager 11/05 E. Caribbean

S.S. Azure Seas 11/90 Baja

Archived