Valor - 6/10/07

1stcruiseever

Just got back Dec 24 doing back to back cruises on Valor, western exotic and eastern. Had a grest trip. A few tips, pick out the clothes you will take and cut it in half. There are laundromats on each floor and usually empty. Take a power bar as there is only one plug. Take your hair dryer as the ones in room you have to keep your finger on the on button while using. There is plenty of shampoo and conditioners, creams, etc. If you want more slip the cabin steward a few bucks and he will keep the dish overflowing. Also a nite light may be helpful. Go to the dining room for all meals as the food and service is unmatched. Skip the fish & Chips as it is not that good. Book any tours online directly with operators and you will pay less. Have fun

My advice is to do a search and read as many reviews on the Valor Western as you can find. For a start here is a review I did of our cruise this past June/July:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=379814

Unlike lemonhart1, we loved the Fish n' Chips (you've gotta try the fritters):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=361778

The Valor is a wonderful ship and I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon on her.

John

Book your shore excursions directly with the ship. If you want peace of mind, knowing that the ship will wait for you if you are late, for any reason, it's a great way to go. We have never had a bad ship excursion. A lot of people do independent excursions and apparently that works for them, but if peace of mind is important to you, you may want to consider letting Carnival do the work for you. We just book them on line and tickets are waiting for us in our room when we get there. I know people recommend taking less clothes than you thought you'd need, but I found that, that wasn't true for me. I did that once, packed very lightly as suggested, and wished I hadn't. I like to have several things to choose from instead of only one outfit for each day and night. (Maybe I start out with less than everyone else, and I don't do laundry on vacation :) ). There are hundreds of suggestions for a great trip, do a search, read them all...but then, do what feels right for you! We'll be on the Valor in Feb. We'll make sure they keep a little food for you!

Archived