Bayonne pier

just beginning to do my research on a cruise with royal caribbean on the Voyager a 5 night, it says that it leaves from Bayonne Pier, is this the same as the New York Harbor or are there two differnet ports, if different ports how far is it from New york City and would I need to fly into Newark or could I use LaGuarda, thanks for your help

This is a new, different pier. There's a good thread on this pier on the Royal Caribbean pages.

We're taking the 5-night Voyager cruise on June 13th. Which date are you considering?

I found some info about the pier at Bayonne's website http://www.bayonnenj.org/royal.htm

Hope this helps.

Kathy

Fantasy August 2000

Fascination May 2001

Enchantment of the Seas December 2002

Voyager of the Seas June 2004

Found this post by our Host on another thread:

For those of you thinking about cruising the Voyager of the Seas to Canada, RCI will be sailing from Bayonne, NJ, right across river from New York (as will Nordic Empress). Easier for drivers and close to Newark so don't make reservations for LaGuardia if going on your own. RCI is trying to work out ferry service from Manhattan, no details on that yet.

Kathy

Fantasy August 2000

Fascination May 2001

Enchantment of the Seas December 2002

Voyager of the Seas June 2004

Thanks Kathy 7558, I booked the Sept 19th sailing, coming in a couple of days earlier have to do some researsch as to hotels, if you have any information you would wish to share let me know, dont know anything at all about the New York area. Thanks again

I live in Bayonne and am happy to answer any specific questions but you need to send me emails to lindae3213@aol.com

I am not on these boards that often to keep checking back for questions.

there is a thread above with the website link for the city Bayonne NJ that will give you an overview of the hotels in the area etc etc

I did post some answers over on the Royal Caribbean board back in March too -- there is lots about Bayonne in that board topic

personal opinion to those who want to come in a few days early and visit NYC -- I think staying in the Jersey City hotels along the Pavonia / Newport area or Exchange Place area offers the best convenience since both the PATH train and the Hudson Bergen Light rail are right there.

PATH will get you in and out of the city (NYC) quickly and safely and the Light Rail can take you right to the 34th St station in Bayonne for your cruise (assuming you can carry your luggage) or you can cab it from Jersey City hotel to the pier

regards

Linda

Archived