Ship Shape

The time does vary a little bit by ship.... It's been 8:00 am on some ships we've been on and 8:30 on others...

I'm assuming your asking for your upcoming Freedom cruise??? Maybe someone who has cruised on Freedom can let you know the time for that ship.

• 2 weeks later...
do you have to do the walk a mile at the time allocated to get ship shape dollars or can you do it on your own as long as you ck in at gym or something??? thnks

On all of the ships I have been on, you have to do it at the allotted time & check in BEFORE starting at the pre-determined place that is listed on the Compass.

SCHER Walk a Mile and other things that are marked in the Compass with a little man are done for Ship Shape Bucks--different amount for different activities. Then at the end you can redeem the bucks for Ship Shape STUFF--lanyards, t-shirts, beach bags, fannie packs..... 1 thing I did not know, you can save them from ship to ship... some of the items, walk a mile, ping pong tournament, shuffleboard tournament, to name but a few.

I always walk longer than a mile and start my walk before the scheduled time. I normally lap people when doing the one mile walk. I have been given my SSD even after the check in time as I was on the track when they were meeting. Some ships give you a code word to use to get the dollar... some Activity Directors are there to hand out the dollar at the end. Once you become active they know who is doing the laps and who isn't. I have seen them say go around again...some people try a short cut. Geezzz it is all about trying to keep you in the same size pants as you got on the ship.

I always walk longer than a mile and start my walk before the scheduled time. I normally lap people when doing the one mile walk. I have been given my SSD even after the check in time as I was on the track when they were meeting. Some ships give you a code word to use to get the dollar... some Activity Directors are there to hand out the dollar at the end. Once you become active they know who is doing the laps and who isn't. I have seen them say go around again...some people try a short cut. Geezzz it is all about trying to keep you in the same size pants as you got on the ship.

Guess they don't like when people get home and tell everyone how great the cruise is but they gained 10 lbs

Especially the guys--Levi & Lester--on Rhapsody--they are so great. Levi left as we got off in September to go to the Adventure, I think. Hope they are still on there when we go back on the rhapsody in April

Archived