Flight Times Toronto to London & Venice

jo-v

go to Travelocity and put in your flights, it'll tell you exactly how long. At a guess I'd say you're about 6 hours from London, but you're not going to get direct from Venice so check the routing.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas
11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas
Alaska - Dawn Princess
Coastal - Island Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jo-v:
How long are flights from Toronto to London, and Venice to Toronto?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>British Airways schedule their Toronto to London flights at 7 hours 5 minutes. They tend to be slightly more conservative than other airlines at scheduling, to reduce the adverse effect of delays, so you may find that other airlines quote you times that are 10-15 minutes less than that.

You have to remember three things. First, scheduled times refer to gate-to-gate times, not flying time. Second, flying time can be very affected by headwinds or tailwinds. This can add or subtract anything up to an hour from the planned time, which may lead to a ground hold before takeoff, a very early arrival, or a delayed arrival even though there were no ground delays at either end. That's just the way long-haul flying works. Third, different aircraft fly at different speeds, and if you're on a slower aircraft you could take anything up to an extra 45 minutes to cross the Atlantic.

Like Cruise Junky, I don't believe there are scheduled non-stop Venice to Toronto flights. If you're on a charter and routed non-stop, the extra flying distance is something in the order of 717 statute miles, or about 1 hour 15 minutes more flying. The great circle route from Venice to Toronto passes almost overhead London, so for an estimate you could just add this on to the London to Toronto scheduled time, which BA quote as 7 hours 50 minutes for most of their flights. (Westbound flights tend to take longer because of the prevailing winds.)

So I would expect a non-stop Venice-Toronto flight to be scheduled at just over 9 hours.

The only non-stop flight Venice- Toronto is on [B]Skyservice[/B]. It is a quasi-charter airline which stops in Rome on its way to Venice but not on the way home. Last year we were delayed 6 1/2 hours on our trip home. This is certainly not the best alternative.
If you want more info, e-mail me and I will be glad to help you.
Fran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by franu:
The only non-stop flight Venice- Toronto is on _Skyservice_. It is a quasi-charter airline which stops in Rome on its way to Venice but not on the way home. Last year we were delayed 6 1/2 hours on our trip home. This is certainly not the best alternative. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good spot, franu!

The charterer appears to be Sunquest, whose [url="http://www.sunquest.ca"]website[/url] suggests that different flights stop in different directions. I found a scheduled time of 9 hours 5 minutes for one Venice-Toronto flight, which suggests that that one is non-stop, although there were others scheduled for 15 hours plus which presumably stop once or more on the way to Toronto.

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=904107102&f=069097554"]my review here[/url], and [url="http://community.webshots.com/album/140741580OdzpCX"]my photos here[/url].

Archived