NEWBIES UNITE! What most concerns you?

jkudzu

HI

I should have been reading these boards before if booked my cruise!!

I would have left more time to get to Tampa next month as there are 2 plane

changes (1 in Denver):rolleyes: ! We are worried about delays! Arrive in Tampa

11:45 night before! Free Aeroplan flights!

:) We have are fingers and toes crossed!

In the unchartered territory of cruising-what are your concerns about the experience? For example, I'm a little worried about going into port and being bombarded by locals.:eek:

My biggest worry is that my sister will dampen my fun. She and I are very different and have never traveled alone, We are usually surrounded by family.

My next biggest is that I will gain a lot of weight from eating and drinking.

My next fear is that it will rain and I wont get to go to the beach for the first time ever.

You know luckily, this will be a huge ship so it shouldn't be hard to find time away from your sister.

As for eating/drinking too much--just beaware of it and then exercise when you get home. That's my plan ;)

And if it rains it rains--I'm going on the beach no matter what. (I go in the winter too!)

You know luckily, this will be a huge ship so it shouldn't be hard to find time away from your sister.

As for eating/drinking too much--just beaware of it and then exercise when you get home. That's my plan ;)

And if it rains it rains--I'm going on the beach no matter what. (I go in the winter too!)

I have a feeling I am still gonna go to the beach Rain or shine. I travelled all that way to see the beach and Darn it, Im gonna see the beach and run into the ocean...wish me luck

:D

my biggest fears are not doing enough research ahead of time... i'm worried about having regrets about what we've signed up to do vs. what there is to do once we get there. and i'm also worried about whether or not i should leave my kids in the kids area - and will they be safe/happy. will everyone have fun? will i lose enough post pregnancy weight to look decent by the pool? will we be able to sleep in those cramped quarters? will we be safe when we get off the ship at the port?

i think i have WAY too many worries...:eek:

my biggest fears are not doing enough research ahead of time... i'm worried about having regrets about what we've signed up to do vs. what there is to do once we get there. and i'm also worried about whether or not i should leave my kids in the kids area - and will they be safe/happy. will everyone have fun? will i lose enough post pregnancy weight to look decent by the pool? will we be able to sleep in those cramped quarters? will we be safe when we get off the ship at the port?

If it makes you feel any better, except for the post pregnancy weight (youngest is 18)--ME TOO!:o

If it makes you feel any better, except for the post pregnancy weight (youngest is 18--I'm doomed)--ME TOO!:o

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster here :)

I'm with lorsfish on this topic, getting to the ship on time is my #1 worry.....especially since I have yet to receive my docs or my air itinerary (booked air/cruise plan w/HAL and leaving on Superbowl Sunday to boot!)

Although, I'm sure everything will work out in the end (fingers and everything else crossed):D

We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and are booked with RC for Western Caribb in March - will be our first cruise.

1. I am worried about packing - don't want to carry too much but want to have what we need; don't know how to pack formal dresses, etc.

2. I am also worried about the virus. I teach school and have had my share of NO FUN stomach viruses.

3. We aren't into scuba diving and I don't know how we will spend our time when docked. We've made no plans for that yet.

Wow, the things that I am worried about are:

my 2 DS who will be 9 and 8 at the time, going overboard,

Sea sickness (I will be buying sea-bands before we leave in June),

Packing enough for Alaska in such a way that we don't have to pay extra at the airport.

Wow, the things that I am worried about are:

my 2 DS who will be 9 and 8 at the time, going overboard,

Sea sickness (I will be buying sea-bands before we leave in June),

Packing enough for Alaska in such a way that we don't have to pay extra at the airport.

I just wish I had found this website before my first cruise. Be sure to check out all the areas including Ports of Calls, what to pack, etc. As to the DSs falling overboard... They have about 4 foot high rails all around the ship. The main fear with my two was if the oldest (13) would throw the youngest (9) over.:D It didn't happen.

I too am worried about Formal night. I have a really formal gown that I could bring but it is big and puffy ( I bought at an after prom sale, My prom was 12 years ago :p ). But I am flying and in no way is that thing gonna fix in luggage. So I packed a tea length Cocktail dress. Also I am already packed and I still have just less than two months to go.

Thanks for the welcome darla :) I do have some concerns about what to pack, something all of us first timers have in common. I hope to use the "pack everything you think you should take, then take out half" method.....this coming from a chronic over packer :P

Thanks for the welcome darla :) I do have some concerns about what to pack, something all of us first timers have in common. I hope to use the "pack everything you think you should take, then take out half" method.....this coming from a chronic over packer :P

I am a chronic over packer too. I am going on a 4 day cruise. I have clothes for dinner, clothes for the beach, clothes for Formal night etc. I have 10 outfits so far. I dont plan on unpacking anything, you just dont know what you might want to wear

;)

Our first cruise isn't till spring of 2008, and the thing I'm worried about most is that the cruiseline will cancel the cruise! :eek: Hopefully if they do, it'll be sooner rather than later and we can rebook on another sailing.

In the unchartered territory of cruising-what are your concerns about the experience? For example, I'm a little worried about going into port and being bombarded by locals.:eek:

Avoid eye contact, and be firm but polite with them.

OR just take a ship excursion to avoid...though I did feel nickel & dimed on those, that's for sure.

HI

I should have been reading these boards before if booked my cruise!!

I would have left more time to get to Tampa next month as there are 2 plane

changes (1 in Denver):rolleyes: ! We are worried about delays! Arrive in Tampa

11:45 night before! Free Aeroplan flights!

:) We have are fingers and toes crossed!

Admittedly 2 plane changes isn't desirable, but I think arriving the night before gives you a nice chunk of time to cover delays!!!!!!

Archived