price increase or decrease

mominthesun

Hi, I am new to the board. My family went on a NCL cruise last Spring and loved it, but my kids were told by other kids that they met that Carnival was more fun. So this year we are going on Carnival.

My family of 5 is booked in one room on Destiny: a BL guarantee, through an internet travel agent. I need to pay the final amount tomorrow. I have been trying to work out if the price has gone down but whenever I log into the Carnival site it tells me that I can check the prices and availability but will not be able to book because I am not an agency. So I can see prices but these do not include taxes and port fees. It seems that the Destiny prices have remained quite low and a few months ago I asked the travel agent if the prices had decreased. He replied that there were no BL guarantees available. Today what I could see from the Carnival site suggested that there were BL guarantees available (and that they would book 5 in the room) and so I emailed the travel agent and stated that there seemed to be BL guarantees available and asked him to check the prices. His only reply was that "Carnival states that the rates have increased." and no details.

Is there anything else I can do? Many thanks for any advice you can give me.

Archived