Walking thru Cabo?

flipflopsforever

Sailing on the Pride April 2007! Curious about Cabo. Are there beaches within walking distance from where ship tender docks? I would like to have sand between my toes as I sip my Corona. Can we walk to town? If not, will taxis accept US dollars? We will be doing excursions in PV (dolphin trainer for a day) and Mazatlan (hopefully riding horses again with Randi). Hoping to walk around Cabo but don't know if that's practical. Any help from a seasoned cruiser will be most appreciated. Looking forward to cruising the Pacific!

We took a short water taxi over to the beach from the pier. (you can also take a taxi) Nice beach and restaurants. You will be able to see the archs and the cruise ships from there. We stayed at Mango deck.

Also the restaurant called the Office has good food.

Yes everyone there takes US dollars. Sometimes if you buy in the stores they will give you change in pesos.

Good luck!

We sailed the Pride two years ago and did the Riviera...Cabo was our favorite port...BEAUTIFUL beach area, water was wonderful...i swam lots...restaurants right on the beach. as for undertow, there was some but not really bad. we went in february and the weather was awesome!

Cabo is very easy to walk around. There is a great tortilla factory up the street from Cabo Wabo. You can buy fresh tortillas at the window and walk around town while eating them. Bueno!

Playa Medano is a great beach. Walk or cheaply taxi there. Lot's of beach action, people watching, vendor shopping etc. We like to get a front row seat at The Office, drink some Pacificos, "window" shop with the vendors, go in the water, get a "tattoo" and just enjoy the warm sand and beach.

Water taxi will take you back to the tender area when you've had your fill of fun.

FYI: Drink beer or be VERY specific about the type of alcohol you want in your beverage. I think some "house" tequila that is served has been distilled in a bathtub and could make you go loco.

Cabo is very easy to walk around. There is a great tortilla factory up the street from Cabo Wabo. You can buy fresh tortillas at the window and walk around town while eating them. Bueno!

Playa Medano is a great beach. Walk or cheaply taxi there. Lot's of beach action, people watching, vendor shopping etc. We like to get a front row seat at The Office, drink some Pacificos, "window" shop with the vendors, go in the water, get a "tattoo" and just enjoy the warm sand and beach.

Water taxi will take you back to the tender area when you've had your fill of fun.

FYI: Drink beer or be VERY specific about the type of alcohol you want in your beverage. I think some "house" tequila that is served has been distilled in a bathtub and could make you go loco.

Tons of vendors offer water taxi rides as you get off the tender. They will take you across the bay to the beach and pick you up whenever you want them to, just give them a time. I was a bit skeptical that the guy would be back for us when he said he would, but he was there right on time.

Cabo is one of my favorite ports. Very easy to get around on foot, beautiful, and plenty to do. I only wish most ships would stay in port a little longer.

You'll love it!

Archived