What did you enjoy most...

on your cruise to Canada and New England? Tours? Restaurants? Inquiring minds want to know[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Host Caroline
<font SIZE="1">[B]Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time![/B] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas
Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle
One can [I]never[/I] have too many days at sea..</font>

I would also like to know who has done this cruise. I need details like when, ship, ports, etc.

Was it wonderful and you can't wait to do it again? Or, just O.K.? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Fascination 11/01
Inspiration 6/02
Conquest 1/03
Holiday 7/03
Radiance 5/04

Did on Carnival Victory last year.. Yes I would do again but for 10-12 days and more ports. No,probably not on Carnival.. their staff knew nothing about ports etc AND we were late in Boston and the ship tours got totally messed up.
But it's lovely itin, Canadians are soo friendly and there is so much to do in port.. definitely, definitely go..

Host Caroline
<font SIZE="1">[B]Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time![/B] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just FYI - they have finally changed the time the ship comes into Boston on the itinerary. Now they say we wont get there until 3:00pm which really makes it difficult to see the city, but oh well...take what you can get.

What time did you actually get in Caroline? Was it after 3:00pm? Everyone that has gone on this particular cruise says they were late coming into Boston. We want to do the Duck Tour, but are concerned that we wont even make the last departure. Even if we do get into Boston at 3:00, then we wont be off the boat until 4:00 (worst case senario), wont make it into the actual city until 4:30 or later and it says the last Duck Tour leaves "one hour before sundown". Ugh!

Carnival Victory, here I come!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

IMHO do the Duck Tour as a ship tour.. it's not that easy (or close) to get from the cruise ship terminal to where the Duck departs from and if you ARE late (we were 3:00 supposed to be 1-1:30) you should still be able to do from the ship. Actually everywhere else we did on our own ex. Sydney (took tour to Louisbourg, wished we had gone on our own).. Boston's a mess on this itin (not the city, the port call).. they need to fix it or make it the last port on the way back and get there in a.m or something...

Host Caroline

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite was the ride on the sailing ship around the harbour in Halifax. We got an up-close look at the lighthouse on the little island and a great view of the Voyager where it was docked. It was also quite interesting just watching the crew sail the ship!

I was on the 5-day Voyager trip, and I loved both days in port - St. John and Halifax. The locals were wonderful! We got into many conversations while sauntering down the waterfront and browsing in stores. Everyone we met seemed happy to have us there and were quite helpful. I had a really nice time talking to a local artist who was painting watercolors by the harbour and, of course, selling his work. I bought a lovely watercolor of the harbour.

Caroline: I read your thread saying getting from boston port to boston duck was difficult. Are there any taxi's that can take you over ther? I will be on the Grand Princess and we are suppose to dock on 9/28 at 8AM, do other ships get into Boston late or just the Carnival?

If we do get in at 8AM shouldn't we be able to grab a cab and ride over to the duck tours? It is so much cheaper to to that than the cruise one.

Barb

If you are in at 8:00 a.m. that shouldn't be a problem but if it's a week day allow for work day traffic which I understand can be a nightmare in Boston! The Carnival sailings were late last year on Sunday afternoon.. no traffic problems but no time:( .. just allow for "Travel time" from terminal to the Duck pick up point when planning tour (like not before 10:00 or so to allow for disembarkation etc.)

Archived