Cat. G on Noordam-Partial Sea View

jaredp1990

Has anyone had these cabins on the Noordam? Family and I have booked two GTY cabins in this class and I was wondering if anyone would tell me how "partial" the sea view is and was also wondering if anyone had any pictures?

Its a vista class, so it should look like this.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/hollandoosterdam/largeovpartial.htm

Looks like a partial winch view.

I did the same thing on OOsterdam for next month, kind of a deal, especially if you get lucky with an upgrade. Not holding my breath.

We had either an H or HH on the Oosterdam. Those are the fully obstructed cabins on the same deck as the G partial obstructions. All these cabins have floor to ceiling windows, so lots of outside light. They are the same as the veranda cabins, but without the balcony. I could see out with effort from the H/HH, but my traveling companion is especially short and couldn't. G should be fine. You might have whatever that is that shows in the photo and you could have the end of a life boat or tender showing a little in your big window. Should be good cabins.

Be aware that crew sometimes need to be out there working on/cleaning lifeoboats, so be prepared for crew being out there a few times.

Has anyone had these cabins on the Noordam? Family and I have booked two GTY cabins in this class and I was wondering if anyone would tell me how "partial" the sea view is and was also wondering if anyone had any pictures?

From this photo it appears that the arms that swing the lifeboats/tenders out take up most of the space between them, and I don't think you'll get to see much water.

Just FYI we booked G cabins and a month before our cruise my TA said HAL was offering a balcony upgrade. We had to pay for the upgrade but it was worth it as we eventually traded up to an SS suite! And DH was slightly disappointed, he wanted to watch the machinery. What can I say...

From this photo it appears that the arms that swing the lifeboats/tenders out take up most of the space between them, and I don't think you'll get to see much water.

Trust me .... you can still see the water. I had that type of cabin a few times already, and was able to see the ocean going by.

;)

And Greg (revneal) has that cabin on Noordam as we speak. So did Steve (constructiondude) recently on Oosterdam. I'm sure they'll be able to add thier thoughts on this cabin category.

I can't seem to get the picture to show without using a link.... DRATS... but... here is a link to the picture of our Cabin 4063 Cat. G on the Oosterdam, a sister ship of the Noordam. Hope this works...

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKxgXPJ0%3F87KR6xqpxQQQ0xPePx0PoxQQQ0PeP0PonlQqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJ0%7CRup6Gnn%7C/of=50,590,441

I can't seem to get the picture to show without using a link.... DRATS... but... here is a link to the picture of our Cabin 4063 Cat. G on the Oosterdam, a sister ship of the Noordam. Hope this works...

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKxgXPJ0%3F87KR6xqpxQQQ0xPePx0PoxQQQ0PeP0PonlQqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJ0%7CRup6Gnn%7C/of=50,590,441

Excellent pic Herb....do you have one with the curtains open or shows the view from there?

Excellent pic Herb....do you have one with the curtains open or shows the view from there?

to be honest, I thought the picture would look nicer with the curtains closed so I never took one with them open, but we were directly between the lifeboats so all we saw was the metal pole and davits connecting the 2 lifeboats.

FYI - the spaces between the lifeboats towards the front of the ship (I believe there are 3 of them) are wider than the spaces of those lifeboats in the back of the ship (those are the larger ones, used as tenders).........therefore the "partially obstructed view" cabins towards the front of the ship will give a better "view" than those in the back.

Hope this helps.

to be honest, I thought the picture would look nicer with the curtains closed so I never took one with them open, but we were directly between the lifeboats so all we saw was the metal pole and davits connecting the 2 lifeboats.

FYI - the spaces between the lifeboats towards the front of the ship (I believe there are 3 of them) are wider than the spaces of those lifeboats in the back of the ship (those are the larger ones, used as tenders).........therefore the "partially obstructed view" cabins towards the front of the ship will give a better "view" than those in the back.

Hope this helps.

OK....got it. It does give you a good idea of the great amount of light it gets.

On the Oosterdam last year I had booked a Cat M Inside Guarantee and wound up with a Cat H obstructed view - cabin 4120, which was awesome as only half a lifeboat was in my way. I actually enjoyed it just as much as a standard outside cabin for how much light it let in.

Sadly I'm afriad I never took a picture of my cabin.

Archived