Embarkation on Noordam 1/17 --time?

LawnGuylandGirl

We are sailing on the Jan 17 cruise on the Noordam and I am so excited I am beyond myself.

We live out on Long Island and am planning to have a limo pick us up around 9AM. It's an hour and a half trip, so we'd get there at 10:30. Is that too early?

What is the earliest we should get to the pier?

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful generous advice!

... around 9AM. It's an hour and a half trip, so we'd get there at 10:30. Is that too early?

Not positive about NY, but in most places ships begin boarding around 11:00a unless something has delayed prior passengers' disembarkation. Cabins are usually ready by 1:30p Until then you hang around the Lido or explore the ship! There will be someplace to check your carry-ons if you wish. :)

We have left on HAL ships from the NY Port Terminal many times and have gotten there between 10:30 - 11:00 am. You get a number for boarding and it usually starts around 11:30 - noon. Then, as said, you go to the Lido for a great buffet lunch and can get into your cabin at 1:30 pm.

I sailed Noordam for Xmas. 1030 is not too early at all. The staging area for embarkation is small and disorganized. Getting there early might save some hassle. When we disembarked around 8am, there were already people waiting to embark...

Archived