Mariner luggage tags and buttons

kcgozs

We recieved our tickets and package which included luggage tags marked

"Mariner" and 2 Mariner buttons. Our traveling partners did not receive the Mariner buttons and their luggage tags are not marked "Mariner."

They have cruised with Holland just as much as we have. What is the

advantage, if any, of the Mariner labels and buttons? I contacted HAL about this and was only able to leave a message which they have not

responded to. Thanks in advance for any replies.

IMHO, the people you see wearing the buttons on embarkation day are mostly 2nd-timers (1st as Mariners) that don't know yet that the buttons don't mean a thing ... especially because generally 60% to 70% of those on board are Mariners, and most have a LOT of days!! :D

IMHO, the people you see wearing the buttons on embarkation day are mostly 2nd-timers (1st as Mariners) that don't know yet that the buttons don't mean a thing ... especially because generally 60% to 70% of those on board are Mariners, and most have a LOT of days!! :D

I always thought this as well because we too wore our Mariner button on our second HAL cruise:o (and that was the last time) but when we were on the Zaandam this past November I was amazed at the number of people wearing these buttons all 10 days everyday. I am not talking about one or two but there were numerous. So I just thought it was several that were only on there second cruise till we went to the Mariner reception. Low and behold there were at least 7 different people wearing these buttons along with their Medallion. There was even one guy that went up for his 300 day medallion wearing his.:eek: I was beginning to think this was a new fashion statement;)

I'll make sure to not wear mine when I go on my 2nd HAL cruise. I can be cool by letting people think its my 3rd.:D

I'll make sure to not wear mine when I go on my 2nd HAL cruise. I can be cool by letting people think its my 3rd.:D

I got my 100 day medallion on our last HAL cruise. Since the reception was just before dinner, I had to wear it into the dining room. As I entered, staff congratulated me and our travel companions wanted to know if I had won a race. So I'm leaving it and the buttons at home.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was probably of no real importance but since most of our cruises have been through Princess it was good

to hear from those of you who have cruised with HAL more than once.

Archived