Teen area Question

will work to cruise

We are looking to take our first Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess B2B in June 2008. We have two girls ages (at time of sailing) 7 and 13. Has anyone had a 13 year old in with the 13-17 age group? I'm kind of wondering about the older teen influence. I really don't want to have to worry about her the whole cruise. I notice on RCI that they group them differently. I believe it's 12-14 or something like that and the older teens are grouped 15-17. Are all the Princess ships grouped 13-17? I would appreciate any and all info. Thanks!

a 13 year old wont be doing much in the way of the activities. they are way too cool for that...and its really lame.

But make sure they particiapate anyways--at least til they meet kids their own age... they mostly hang around together.

Just let your teen know the rules ahead of time before you cruise so they will know what to expect.

Most of the ships do break the ages at 13-17. However, sometimes on the largest ships (ex Crown, Sapphire, Diamond, Caribbean) they will break them down further, in which case a 13 y/o might be with 12-14, it depends on how many kids are on the ship.

Acitivites vary also, some teen centers are very active.

Just set rules you are comfortable with so you don't have to worry.

When my then 13 year old went on the Golden, the age break was 13 - 17. He had a blast and loved it. He was so tired out that when we got to the hotel post cruise, he was out cold from 3 pm til the next morning. The older kids >15 only participated in the events they thought were cool. My then 16 year old couldn't be caught dead in the teen center, but went to the shows and comedians with us. The younger of that age group hung around the teen center on our cruise as well as staff at all times. I was very comfortable and he had a great time.

Archived