Anyone in Mariner Society

Marie50

Just got my numbers.....what will this give me while onboard? Do you in fact get one of the delft tiles......any other activites or parties onboard?

Do you mean that this is your 1st cruise as a Mariner ... that is, your 2nd with HAL? If so you, besides the tile you get the one "reception" with a glass of wine or champagne ... two if you're lucky ... and one or two hors d'oeuvres if you're luckier.

I have no idea who would wear those. No offense. I'm going to take my tiles - look more like fancy coasters and see what I can get for them on EBAY - no reserve.

E91,

The big badges seem to have become quite the fashion statement.....Lately I am seeing lots of people wearing them.

I don't believe I have ever pinned one on.:)

I really like the "fancy coasters".....I get a kick out of seeing them when I return from dinner.

Now I have 3 Oosterdam , so maybe I should check out E-bay.

Free drinks at the Mariner's party are Champagne, white wine, red wine and orange juice. Anything else, you have to pay for it.

As the years go by, they have less servers for the appetizers and we rarely get anything at the parties and it doesn't matter when we get there - early - late - they never make it to where we are sitting.

THe tote bags and tiles, You only get them on your second cruise

and for the marnier party the trick is to sit at either end of the aisles if you want more drinks or food, if you are in the middle, forget it, they won't serve you.

Free drinks at the Mariner's party are Champagne, white wine, red wine and orange juice. Anything else, you have to pay for it.

As the years go by, they have less servers for the appetizers and we rarely get anything at the parties and it doesn't matter when we get there - early - late - they never make it to where we are sitting.

In other words... A the Mariner's party is a joke.

In other words... A the Mariner's party is a joke.

I do not agree with you. This is a reception that is very nice. If you ask for the free drinks you will get them. If you ask for appetizers than you get them. On my recent cruise to mexico the reception was very well attended having filled most of the seats in the Vista show lounge. We should all remember that HAL doesn't have to do this.

I do not agree with you. This is a reception that is very nice. If you ask for the free drinks you will get them. If you ask for appetizers than you get them. On my recent cruise to mexico the reception was very well attended having filled most of the seats in the Vista show lounge. We should all remember that HAL doesn't have to do this.

Surely HAL does it because other cruise lines do it?

Only done a b 2 b on HAL thus far, cruise 1 we got a canvas coloured type bag, cruise 2 we got a blue plastic type bag. I wondered about that perhaps someone can tell me did the blue bag mean we were now someone more important than 1st time cruisers :)

You want good service at the Mariners do, try sucking up to the staff 1st before the party. No only just joking it just happened that we had got on so well with some of the staff on cruise 1 they then made a point of really looking after us on cruise 2 ;) Only trouble is I didn't make dinner that night :eek:

On our recent cruises, the Mariner's party have been a joke. We sat right in the first row in the middle of the lounge - the waiters with the drinks and appetizers kept walking right by us. This is a short row and everyone has to pass in front of you to get from one side to the other. The couple next to us was furious -- he got up and talked to a couple of people and after waiting another 10 minutes finally got a glass of champagne.

On the Oosterdam on Jan 12th, we also got Bloody Mary's, so I had several. Since it was my first Mariner's party, I enjoyed the little talk and the presentation of those copper, platinum and gold items they put around your neck--can't remember the right word for them at the moment. And I do enjoy receiving the tile. Makes a great place to put the coffee cup.

Chris (Iowa)

Tote bags every time, including 1st. Tiles 2nd AND all later.

:) Only ONE tote bag per stateroom, UNLESS you ask your cabin steward for one for EACH person in the stateroom! Also, DW & I received TWO tiles on our FIRST HAL cruise simply because we asked our cabin steward for them & he was happy to comply! All you have to do is ask & you shall receive!

Archived