What are the BEST and WORSE jewerly stores in St. Martin

I found a diamond bracelet at Kay's in Aruba that I just loved but decided against spending that amount of money. Having buyer's regret, I went to Kay's in St. Martin to purchase it. They priced it at $800 more than in Aruba! While I was haggling with them, the manager of the Aruba store just happened to walk in and remembered me. So I finally got the bracelet at the original price I was quoted.

If anyone is looking for watches - I had a great experience at "Goldfingers" in St.Maarten.

They had a great selection of Tag watches.

I bought a Raymond Weil and paid about $800 less than I would have paid in Canada! :)

We also had a good experience with Kay - St. Maartin. This is not part of the Kay mall chain.

They were professional, very accommodating and yes....they will bargain with you.

They sized my ring for me in about 40 minutes so it was ready-to-wear when I picked it up.

I find the prices better in St. Thomas... I have a jewler that I have worked with there for many years. That being said ,I did purchase some beautiful large Tahitian Pearl and diamond earrings at Joe's Jewelry and got a wonderful deal there.

We've made several jewelry purchases at Majesty Jewelers and have had many pieces appraised in US at much higher value than what we paid. They have good selection of blue diamond pieces. Bought dd blue diamond ring for her sweet 16 last year.

Queenk2 can you please recommend the jeweler you buy from in St. Thomas? I will be there in 3 weeks.

Thanks

I always shop at Diamonds International at the Port in St.Thomas. So far I have purchased 2 diamond rings, both of which were appraised at home for double what I paid! Plus - they were the exact quality the Manager said they were. I will be back there next month to see about ring #3 ;)

I bought from James at Ballerina Jewelers in St. Thomas -- had great luck. Been buying from him since 1996. Ballerina has 2 lovely stores in St. Maarten -- one downtown and one one the pier. Posters on these boards have also had good things to say about those stores.

Trident & Shivas are co-owned by the same family, one on each side of Front Street so that it does not matter which side of the street you are strolling/browsing, you can access them. We have bought platinum and diamond anniversar band that they made for us and had a new setting and baguette (sp?) diamonds added to the engagement center stone (these custom jobs were during a week-long stay on the island). We have also bought diamond stud earrings and other jewelry, including via phone and email communication from our home in Atlanta following in-store visits. Very honest, helpful, and have shipped to us in the U.S. on approval without processing the charge until we'd received and approved. They also have a store in aruba but we have not been there--last I heard it was run in aruba by the son, Jay, who was in St. Martin co-managing with his mother, Varsha, when we stayed on the island for a week some years back. Have seen Varsha again when stopping in on cruise stops. We were introduced to them by long-time condo and time share owners we met who had been regularly visiting the island from the U.S. for weeks at a time for 15-20 years .

I have used Imperial jewlers MANY times. Charlie is the father...it is family run.

I also have been buying for years from them, its a very reputable store and you can get deals, trust them, and they sell all quality pieces. Charlie, the father (who was the original owner) is semi retired, but all his sons and daughters run the place! They are very nice people too. I usually call them prior to going there, since the pieces I am interested in, they usually have to have custom made. Most all you jewelry stores in the carribean , size the rings you buy, that isn't something you just get a certain jewelers, and most will feed you alcoholic drinks while shopping in their store! I would recommend Imerial jewelers to all! I have very expensive jewelry pieces and know my jewelry very well. You have to be careful on some gold you buy in the carribean, some of it is very cheap(not in cost) in quality. As for watches, I am not a watch person, I own 1 watch I bought at H. Stern in St. thomas, has a blue sapphire face and solid 18k gold band, paid $7900.00 for it and hope it lasts a lifetime! Good Luck with your shopping.

• 5 months later...

went to st martin and bought a ring at "SPLASH" great store and service. At home it was apraised over double what I paid.

Bought my mom a little blue diamond at "ULTIMATE JEWELERS" and it is crap. Diamonds fell out sent it back and same thing happened again. Sent it back again and never got one back in its place. It has been almost 4 months.

madeline

We were in st. martin in April and bought a movado watch at Boolchands from Mona...she was very good and accomodating..

For years, we have purhcased and traded up jewelery at J.C. Jewelers in St. Thomas. Jay has been excellent. We have sent many family members there as well. Small store, but excellent quality and service...

I have purchased jewelry at Ballerina Jewelers in both St. Martin and St. Thomas. Very reliable and excellent quality and service. I know of others who also shop there regularly. Happy Shopping!

Karen

I bought from James at Ballerina Jewelers in St. Thomas -- had great luck. Been buying from him since 1996. Ballerina has 2 lovely stores in St. Maarten -- one downtown and one on the pier. Posters on these boards have also had good things to say about those stores.

Ditto on Ballerina, did our homework before cruise and knew what we should pay. US appraisal far above what we paid. You have to be able to haggle to get the real good deals. Watches........... St. Thomas, standing in the main square facing the clock it's the second or third store up the right hand side street along the Court House.

If you save your money looking for a better deal after St. Thomas, forget it you won't find it.

Archived