Just Returned from AOS sailing 1/7-1/14

thanks Lauren!

We along with some friends are thinking about booking this cruise while onboard the Jewel in March. I did forget to ask...did you feel safe walking around at night? We have sailed out of SanJuan a few times but have always flown in the day of the cruise.

Thanks for the review. I was reeding the critic board and started getting very nervous that we chose the wrong ship. The reviews on the critic board said 65% were PR and that they were very noisy, pushy and rude.

I am by no means a snob, but don't want something like that to ruin our trip. It takes me a long time to talk my "workaholic" husband into a trip as it is.

We just travlled on Enchantment in Sept06 and the staff and passengers were all wonderful. I am hoping for the same experience, but am nervous now.

If you can shed any light on this, I would sure appreciate it as I have not told my husband what I read on the critic boards. I hope I am so wrong.

Thanks from Canada

Thank you for your great review. Did anything stand out about the ship itself that you really enjoyed?

AOS was my first Voyager class ship and my first cruise after having sailed on the Norwegian Majesty, which I've described as a floating Marriott. I was simply blown away by the attention to detail throughout the ship and how well organized the cabins were. There was a place to tuck everything away so that you were not feeling guilty about leaving the place cluttered for your cabin steward. Marble and hardwood were throughout the ship. I loved how they broke up the long Royal Promenade with tiles laid out in organic, sweeping arcs. It was the most tasteful ship I've been on.

Russnleanne-

Yes we felt safe walking around the area we were in. The street was filled with tourists and lots of cars. It was a very busy area. Just avoid the sidestreets.

Colbygirl2003-

After reading the reviews myself about the people complaining about Puerto Rican's and their behavior I started getting nervous myself that we picked the wrong cruise. My husband was under the impression we were taking the cruise from hell. Well it was nothing like that at all. The cruise we were on was about 60 percent Americans, 40 percent Puerto Ricans. We had no problem with them from all the negative reviews I have been reading. There was no rudeness or unruly behavior and everyone seemed to get along. This cruise was one of the best we have taken so far!

Archived