Snuba versus resort course

Rperksp

Have never attempted scuba diving before, and we are considering discover scuba (resort course) when in cozumel. However, noted a number of posts that were very favorable to snuba, as less time with instruction, more time in the water, and cost was less than the resort course. Any thoughts?

I can't speak about the resort courses because I've never done one. I can tell you though that snuba is really great! The instructions take about half an hour. You wear a weight belt and a regulator - that's it. It seems a lot less cumbersome and a lot easier than the full gear required for diving. You dive to a maximum of 20 feet. The dives I've taken last about 30 minutes. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I highly recommend it.

It depends on your long-term goals... If you think you would like to continue to scuba dive in the future, it may be worth the time to take the intro course and get used to the equipment, terminology, and experience. If your looking for a one-time adventure and simply the ability to see beautiful underwater scenery on your cruise, the snuba IS less cumbersome and time-consuming to master. the 30-foot limit will likely not be of any great significance to the overall experience. Either way, enjoy!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Maasdam 11/30/04

Scuba is a lot of fun and I personnaly prefer the freedom of the self-containment - no hose up to the surface to drag around or tangle in if I want to really move about in three dimensions - one of the great joys of being "weightless" underwater...

JMHO

-Kevin

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Maasdam 11/30/04

Hello..I tried Snuba this past April for the first time...I LOVED it...I ususally just snorkel and have no real desire to scuba...seems way to complicated ...I wish I had done the snuba years ago....I plan on doing it again this summer...it was worth every penny!!!

I snuba'ed in Cozumel at Papa Hog's & absolutely LOVED every second. Got great photos, too. We were out for about an hour & it was $35. each. Gabriel was our guide & he was super. It was just the 2 of us & him. Papa Hog's has a web site & is between the pier & town.
You'll love it! Go for it!

Snorkelcat
Zuiderdam 2/03
Radiance 2/04
Caribbean 1/05

Archived