Tell me about the Sydney to Bangkok cruise

NYDee

We are considering booking this cruise for 2006. Although we have been on 10 cruises they were on RCI and Celebrity. We are interested in what you thought about the number of days at sea and the ports.

I am doing the Singapore-Sydney cruise next year on the Diamond at Xmas based on my friends that did it last year from Bangkok-Sydney and they truly loved it and enjoyed teh 7 days in total at sea...personally I don't mind days at sea!:cool: :eek: :cool:

We usually enjoy sea days as well. But we haven't done more than a 14 day cruise. We have to wait till DH retires to do longer cruises. Does the Singapore to Sydney go to the Great Barrier Reef. We would enjoy a Christmas cruise, but one that is not over run with kids. I think that might be something to think about.

Thanks for the response.

Yes it does stop at the Great-Barrier Reef, and I am suspect too believe that this Xmas sailing will not be full of kids for a couple of reasons....

1. Price fairly expensive sicne 19 day cruise.

2. Airfare both into Sinagpore and out out Sydney which means even for Australians and New Zealanders it's still a lot of airfare to factor in as well. I did the SYD-AKL last year on the Star 14 nights and there were a fair amount of kids(mostly from Australia and New Zealand) and going back at Xmas again on the Sapphire SYD-AKL Xmas and New Years for 14 nights.:cool: :eek: :cool:

I know this is a long time in the future, but we wanted to a cruise for our anniversary in 2007 and this sounds like it would be perfect. DH wants to retire in 2006.

We did the Sydney to Auckland cruise on RCI last year and loved it. We really want to go back to Sydney.

As for the kids, I have read the Princess limits the number unlike RCI and Celebrity. Also, I think the expense of the air fare would be a limiting factor.

If we put off the Singapore to Sydney till 2007, will have to look into a fall sailing for 2006 and spring for 2007. We have always really enjoyed RCI, but there iitineraries are limited. So a change is in order.

I will be spending more time on the Princess boards to get a feel for the line.

NYDee

You may wish to look at the rather long thread for this itinerary, Mar 05, on Sapphire Princess.

There is an awful lot of info re the various ports on that thread, as some of the participants have gone before.

Michael

NYDee

You may wish to look at the rather long thread for this itinerary, Mar 05, on Sapphire Princess.

There is an awful lot of info re the various ports on that thread, as some of the participants have gone before.

Michael

The rather long thread is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44510.

After that sailing, the next Asia/Australia cruise will be December 20, 2005 aboard the Diamond Princess. The 19-day itinerary is slightly different than what the Sapphire Princess is doing and what the Star Princess did the previous year. Kuala Lumpur has been replaced with (yet another) At Sea day and also, as noted before, this cruise starts in Singapore instead of Bangkok.

The complete schedule for 2006 is not out yet but one would think that the next Asia/Australia cruise would not be until winter 2006!! :( The Diamond Princess will be sailing to San Francisco via Tahiti/Hawaii after the Australia/NZ season, and not returning via Asia as the Star Princess had done.

Hi Yes we cruised the Sydney to Bangkok trip on the Star Princess this year in March. Was a fantastic itinerary and had a ball. 40 of us met on the CC and met up on the ship and became great friends. The weather was perfect on the ports were great except we missed out on Bali because of the problems there. Would recommend this cruise to anyone. We enjoyed it that much we have just booked again but on the Diamond Princess Beijing to Bangkok in October 2005. Cant wait Aussie Bob

We loved Sydney when we were there on our Sydney to Auckand cruise on RCI and really want to go back for a few days. And we would like to go to the Great Barrier Reef. Is the ship there long enough to get a feel for it? I am kind of leaning toward the Singapore to Sydney cruise if Princess is still doing it in 2006.

Thanks everyone for you helpful information

I am already booked on the Diamond for next year from Singapore-Sydney on Dec 20, 2005 and I will let you know what I think about it after I come back.:cool: :eek: :cool:

Highroller, you should start a Roll Call. This fellow Canuck is considering that sailing as well! :p

Archived