teenagers in another room

Lefty1

okay will try and make this so u can understand it - i am traveling 8/21 on miracle - my sister/husband staying in one room, her son (22) and his girlfriend (19) in another - because of carnival's restrictions about under 25 in same room, they show her son with his father in one room and his girlfriend and my sister in another - so far hopefully u understand - now they will get their sail/sign card - but when her husband uses his, it is going to show charges in his son's room and when his girlfriend's uses hers, it is going to show the charges in my sister's room - that is going to be very confusing to figure out bill - does anyone have any suggestions about this - did anyone have the same situation as this and can give advice - we want his girlfriend to use her card but get charged for it in her room.

the sail/sign card...does it come with u documents and what information is on the card?

Hi,

They'll bill it separately for you. Just make sure you set it up that way when you check in, with separate credit cards for each account. Charges aren't made to the room -- they're made to passenger's individual account. On my last Carnival cruise, we had my mom sharing the cabin with us (and doesn't my dear husband deserve a trophy for THAT!!). Anyway, all of her charges were on a separate bill/separate credit card.

So don't worry, and have fun on your cruise!!

Mary Ellen

ok i think i got it - but carnival does not show her son/girlfriend in same room yet they are in same room - when his girlfriend does her account, doesn't she have to put the room carnival shows she is in but really she is in another room? i am new to this so bear with me - her son's roomm is 7222 and they have his girlfriend in with his parents room 7238 but girlfriend charges something - what room will it be charged to

People in the same room can have separate sail and sign accounts. It woluld be no different than if two people were using separate credit cards. Once you get on the ship go to the pursers desk and they can set it up for you. That way all charges will show on the person's account that made them.

You don't have to fake split them up like that.

If your TA cross references the bookings there is no problem at all. The very worst case is that they would require the cabins be close together but at that age I doubt it.

We do this every cruise now, used to split up the swap cards, make duplicates, etc. Big hassle that's not necessary

what room will it be charged to
As Mary Ellen1 said, nothing is charged to the ROOM, but to the individual's card. Each card has a folio # on it, so when she uses her sail & sign card, the charges will go on HER account. If she is using her own credit card, only her charges will appear on her account.

Hi there

We just returned from the Pride, 7/11....and we had a similar situation. We had 3 rooms......DH and myself, daughter (11) and niece, and son (18) and friend. Because of booking regulations, our TA had us "all mixed up!".....we knew that ahead of time........but she said "you can stay in any room you want"......the challenge of that......is your S&S sign is your room key...........so you can only get into the room you are assigned.

Our solution.........the afternoon we boarded......I went to the Purser's desk with all 6 of the original S&S cards. I also had a list of the original room assignments.........and then a list of the "real" room assignments. (The original assignments had me with my niece, our 18 & 11 yr old kids together, and my son's friend with my husband!)

The purser was very nice......this was not a problem at all.......and within 5 minutes........I left with 6 S&S cards that matched the names and "real" room #'s. And as previous poster mentioned..........anything signed to the cards.......showed on their invididual accts...but you have to access that info in their room from their TV screen........I couldn't check my son's S&S acct from our room. But all charges were applied to my card.......and we rec'd an itemized (5-PAGE!) accounting at the end of the cruise!!!

Hope that makes sense............so with the current room assignments you have.........just keep them.........tag your luggage accordingly........just swap luggage when you get to your room..........then collect all the S&S cards......and take info on BOTH....original name and room # and new info...name and "real" room #.........you will be given new S&S cards

Happy cruising!!!

Karen

I know they have regulations but doesn't it seem redundent to just walk up to the pursers desk and make all the changes to the way you wanted them in the first place? I think if traveling with a group or family you should be able to put them in whatever order or room you want regardless as to age. They have to know that with the expense of printing room cards with one piece of information and then going back to the pursers desk and changing it is not only costly but more importantly time consuming.

wherenext, I think the problem is with some travel agents. When I booked our last cruise, I explained the verbage from Carnival's website which allows children to be booked in their own cabin when the reservation is linked with the parents. My travel agent couldn't (or wouldn't) book it that way (it may have had something to do with the discount we were using), so we had to go through the room change procedure at the purser's desk just like itskaren.

Carnival, I believe, is now allowing you to put children in their own rooms as long as the are linked to the adults room. I have my 17 yr old daughter and her friend in their own room and they are booked that way. They even have a guarantee so I don't know if they will even be close to us.

Hi all

You're right about kids in their own room "linked" to parents. But in our case........we had my son's 18 yr old friend.....and our 10 yr old niece ....since they had different last names........our TA said she couldn't link them to us. That's why they booked DH & friend in one room, myself and niece in another room.......and our kids (18 & 11) in one room. Had it just been the 4 our us.......our kids could have (and were) booked in a room together........not that they would have ever wanted that! LOL

Not sure if that will ever change much..........and I think that families often cruise with kid's friends and/or other relatives.....so it seemed liked Carnival was quite used to making that change.......and re-issuing 6 S&S cards and the time it took......is minimal, compared to the other situations the Purser's desk is faced with throughout at cruise!!!

I was line with a gentleman was was hopping mad because a 15% gratuity was being automatically added to each drink order he had. For every beer he ordered.......there was a 15% gratuity. He was not happy with that. I'm not sure what the Purser's Desk did with that complaint!

Can only imagine the "situations" that the Purser's desk deals with each cruise. I know on our 7/11 Pride.....they said they handed out more Meclazine (seasickness meds) in one day than they had in a year! We had a really rough day at sea.........half the crew was sick too!!

Have fun with your cruising plans!

Karen

Archived