Off the Beaten Path lunch spot

cruznqueen

We will be renting a car and driving around Aruba oursealves. We love to each lunch at places that are not real commercial. Like on the beach, local spot that is out of the hustle and bustle of the busy areas.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

If you are unable to find some place else, there is a restaurant at the North end of Rogers Beach. Sorry the name escapes me at the moment, but it is the ONLY one there. I am not sure what ratio local to tourist their clientele is. We have not been there in years, but I read a review just recently saying that it was very very good.

Rogers Beach is located just next to Baby Beach, but you cannot walk from one to the other. The overlook and the beach itself are quite beautiful with waves crashing on the reef out in the distance. But with that being said, I am also putting in a disclaimer that Rogers Beach IS next to the oil refinery. We have found that whenever we visit Rogers Beach, we just try to face west or south and the refinery will be out of our view. :D I have some older photos taken with a digital camera 2 cameras ago :eek:, so not best of quality, but gives you an idea of the place http://www.arubabound.com/photos/bch/r.htm

Besides that there are not too many other places open for lunch which are off the beaten path and directly on the beach. There is a restaurant at the lighthouse, but not sure whether they are open for lunch. Picturesque from here also, but not a place that locals necessarily "hang out" at. There is also a bar in the smack dab middle of no where inside Arikok National Park which overlooks the water (the rugged Eastern coastline) and a whole lot of sand and rocks. Not sure whether they have begun serving food, but would imagine they at least have snacks.

Not on the beach, but on the roadsides you will find quite a few stands selling "take away" foods.

Archived