New Orleans Cruise Parking

lovetheboat

It seems that fewer New Orleans hotels are offering the free parking for cruisers. Regular rate for cruisers at the Port is $98. However, you can also park at the long-term parking near the Airport for much less. You would have to take a shuttle from there to a hotel or the Port. It's got supervision (and even a covered parking choice for only $1 more per day). Bon Voyage!:)

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that fewer New Orleans hotels are offering the free parking for cruisers. Regular rate for cruisers at the Port is $98. However, you can also park at the long-term parking near the Airport for much less. You would have to take a shuttle from there to a hotel or the Port. It's got supervision (and even a covered parking choice for only $1 more per day). Bon Voyage!:)

Ouch, is that for 5 days or 7 days of parking? With RCL bringing Voyager Of The Seas to N.O. in in the next year or so, it is going to become a busy port and parking is a premium price for sure. I know when we took Carnival Fantasy for 5 days in July 2009 it was something like $12 or $14 per day.

Parking at the port is $16/day and is great! No shuttle buses, just an elevator!

There are some other options and some hotels DO have cruise specials.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

Agree it is the best place to park. It was $14 per day when we cruised CCL Fantasy in July 2009. Pay, drive up; porter there to take the bags; drive up one level and park; take the elevator; go through security; walk up to the CCL check in; bingo you are in the waiting area and ready to board in 15 minutes time.:cool:

Parking at the port is $16/day and is great! No shuttle buses, just an elevator!

There are some other options and some hotels DO have cruise specials.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

With Royal Caribbean bringing the Voyager Of The Seas for a 5 month or so departure from New Orleans in late 2011, that will put a lot of people through N.O. Cruise Terminal and perhaps help develop more parking options at hotels, port and other places. They will have CCL Triumph year around and RCL Voyager for 5-6 months. That will be a possible 7,000 passengers at peak times. For us, we would drive to N.O. to join the RCL Voyager. As you can see from my signature we have sailed Voyager four times and would jump at the opportunity to sail her again. In Texas, we will have the RCL Mariner Of The Seas coming from LA, CA to Galveston, so will give another option to cruise RCL. Galveston is our port of choice here in Texas.

With Royal Caribbean bringing the Voyager Of The Seas for a 5 month or so departure from New Orleans in late 2011, that will put a lot of people through N.O. Cruise Terminal and perhaps help develop more parking options at hotels, port and other places. They will have CCL Triumph year around and RCL Voyager for 5-6 months. That will be a possible 7,000 passengers at peak times. For us, we would drive to N.O. to join the RCL Voyager. As you can see from my signature we have sailed Voyager four times and would jump at the opportunity to sail her again. In Texas, we will have the RCL Mariner Of The Seas coming from LA, CA to Galveston, so will give another option to cruise RCL. Galveston is our port of choice here in Texas.

Beginning next year, NCL will also be sailing year 'round from New Orleans! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Carnival adds a second ship.

This will get New Orleans back to pre-K cruise levels. I imagine the port authorities will be making additional parking available, as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the parking garage in Nov 2009. Even though it costs $16/day it is well worth the cost. Your car is in a secured access lot unlike some of the hotels. The only problem that I had was trying to find it using the GPS. Those small streets drove my GPS crazy as it got me going around in circles. Will be taking another cruise this Nov and plan on using the parking garage again.

Used the parking garage in Nov 2009. Even though it costs $16/day it is well worth the cost. Your car is in a secured access lot unlike some of the hotels. The only problem that I had was trying to find it using the GPS. Those small streets drove my GPS crazy as it got me going around in circles. Will be taking another cruise this Nov and plan on using the parking garage again.

Like you, I was impressed with the parking at the Port of N.O. Fast, safe, convenient, a bit pricey, but would use it on our next RCL Voyager of the Seas cruise when she arrives in The Big Easy.. . .ashaw. . .jambalaya, gumbo, and all the fun of Bourbon Street. . .so what is there not to like about cruising out of New Orleans.

Come on BP. . .stop the leak and clean up the GULF!!!! Stop making excuses.

• 1 month later...

I did use the nocruiseshipparking.com. THEY were great. A little out of the way but covered parking and saved a few dollars. Nice owner who drove and then picked me up. They have parking for busses and large campers if needed.

I plan on using them again in september, much less hastle when unloading.

• 3 months later...
I did use the nocruiseshipparking.com. THEY were great. A little out of the way but covered parking and saved a few dollars. Nice owner who drove and then picked me up. They have parking for busses and large campers if needed.

I plan on using them again in september, much less hastle when unloading.

Did you end up using them again? My wife and I (first time cruisers) are sailing from NOLA in December and I was planning on parking there and letting them also carry us to / from the hotel (pre-cruise).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We always park at the terminal, even in New York where the fees are 30$/day. Why????

It is safe, sooo easy to use. And at the end of the cruise, we are so happy we do not have to take any shuttle or taxi back to a parking lot or a hotel. We just put the bags back in our car and drive up home ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I used nocruiseshipparking.com (Machu Picchu) for our recent cruise from NOLA. We saved some money and Angel could not have been nicer and more helpful. He was waiting at his garage when we pulled into town, we parked the car and he drove us to our pre-cruise hotel (Omni Royal Orleans) and dropped us and our bags off. He picked up us up right on time the next morning and dropped us and the bags right at the gate to enter at the terminal. On our return I called once we were off the boat and again once we cleared customs and they arrived a couple of minutes later to take us back to the car. Once we transferred the luggage we were on our way with NO cruise terminal traffic at all. The cost was less than hotel + terminal and we had to the door pick up and drop off. I will use them again if we cruise from NOLA and recommend them highly. We shared the ride to the boat with another couple who also heard about the company online, but otherwise (in our case) it was a like having a private service :-)

Dennis

• 1 year later...
the new rate is $30 for the first day and $14 for additional days. It seems be more expensive than the port. Did I miss anything?

I think the $30 applies ONLY if you want / need round trip transportation to your hotel and the cruise terminal. If you just need cruise terminal parking it is still $14 a day, I think. Since we staying in downtown hotel (that charges $34 a day plus taxes and tips) we opted to just park with nocruiseshipparking.com when we hit town and let them do all the driving until we were ready to leave NOLA.

I think the $30 applies ONLY if you want / need round trip transportation to your hotel and the cruise terminal. If you just need cruise terminal parking it is still $14 a day, I think. Since we staying in downtown hotel (that charges $34 a day plus taxes and tips) we opted to just park with nocruiseshipparking.com when we hit town and let them do all the driving until we were ready to leave NOLA.

dwynne, thanks for the clarification. I see. Just reserved one for our cruise 2 weeks from now.

• 1 year later...
Would anyone know about the parking at fulton place? States $12.00 day w/shuttle. Our first time to cruise...want to find a good deal for parking our truck, but want safe, secure & covered parking.

http://fultonplaceparking.com/index.htm

Thanks in advance!

Used it in March of 2012 - no problems. It worked great. Look a little further down in the New Orleans threads and see the one dated 3/5/2013 for Fulton Street Parking. Seems there are differences in price depending on what site is used to book it now.

I parked at the Fulton Garage in April for my cruise. I booked thru Airport Parking because it was less, but you still park in the Fulton Garage. They had someone on a golf cart take our luggage to their bus (which was just right around the corner). The bus took us straight to the terminal. It was very easy.

It says rooftop parking only, but we did not have to park on the roof. It was $8 a day and you can get $5 off with a coupon code. The current one thru May 24 is YEP66. If that is expired just google Airport Parking discount code and you can find another one. If you absolutely want to make sure you are getting covered, they offer a covered rate for a little more, but like I said, we were told to park anywhere. Hope this helps.

I parked at the Fulton Garage in April for my cruise. I booked thru Airport Parking because it was less, but you still park in the Fulton Garage. They had someone on a golf cart take our luggage to their bus (which was just right around the corner). The bus took us straight to the terminal. It was very easy.

It says rooftop parking only, but we did not have to park on the roof. It was $8 a day and you can get $5 off with a coupon code. The current one thru May 24 is YEP66. If that is expired just google Airport Parking discount code and you can find another one. If you absolutely want to make sure you are getting covered, they offer a covered rate for a little more, but like I said, we were told to park anywhere. Hope this helps.

When I made my reservation, it asked how many in my party and said if over 2, that all must be dropped off at pier along with luggage, thus only shuttling the driver. We have 5. I don't mind doing this, but have read some stories about horrid traffic at the port causing it to take 2 hours to go a few blocks. I also don't mind paying them a few dollars extra to shuttle all 5 of us if needed, or even walking the few blocks if it comes to that and letting them shuttle the luggage for the 2 on the shuttle. Anybody run across this before? I'm sure some of you have had more than 2 in your party, esp. people with kids. Really weird that they would say they would only shuttle 1 of you if there are more than 2.

Thanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...

Parking is $16 a day at the cruise terminal. There are three hotels at least that offer free cruise parking if you stay there at least one night. Holiday Inn (Superdome) up to 8 days free. Quality Inn (up to 14 nights) and Ramada Inn (up to 14 days). Check here for more details. https://www.stay123.com/cruise-results.php?airport=198&day=31&month=5&year=2013&adults=1&children=0&rooms=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When parking at the port, do you get charged for full days on departure and embarkation or is it prorated?

I recall when parking at Lighthouse Parking in Galveston for a 7 day cruise the Sunday depart and the Sunday return was a 7 day charge of $60 less $5.00 off for booking on line.

Edited by Texaspepper
Change Price

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know the cost of parking for cruises at port New Orleans? Are there any hotels in area that allow week-long parking free of charge w/one night stay? We were considering arrival one day early for NO sightseeing if there is a possible savings on parking for the cruise.

There are several hotels in the area that offer cruise parking. I not sure of the price. But I have looking into parking for you upcoming cruise in March. I have found Fulton Street parking to be very reasonable. {$8.00/day for roof-top; $10/day for covered parking; and $12.00/day for cruise parking} not sure yet what the difference is with cruise parking as compared to the other two types. But the average I've found is $16.00/day.

Hope this helps you.

Katrina

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this tip! That's a significant savings!